Rob Crowe fans!

alobaralobar Posts: 310
edited July 2006 in Other Music
He's in a ton of bands, most notably Pinback, which I think everything they've put out is amazing. But he's also in Thingy, Heavy Vegetable, Optagonally Yours, Goblin Cock, and The Ladies and probably even more I don't know about.

The only music I've heard from him is Pinback and Goblin Cock, which is his indie metal project and it f***in rocks.

I'm wondering if anyone's heard Heavy Vegetable or Thingy or any other Rob Crowe bands and what you think of his music.
"I wanna believe in the mercy of the world again."

WAR + MAGIC BEANS = PEACE
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    I didn't know who Rob Crowe was until now. I do have a couple Pinback CD's though. The first time I played Blue Screen Life, I must have played Prog 10 times.

So Goblin Cock is the same guy huh? Wow, sounds like I have to check this band out despite it being the worst band name I have ever heard.

I will also keep my eye/ear out for those other projects. Damn, Rob Crowe = John Reis?.
  • alobaralobar Posts: 310
    transplant wrote:
    I didn't know who Rob Crowe was until now. I do have a couple Pinback CD's though. The first time I played Blue Screen Life, I must have played Prog 10 times.

So Goblin Cock is the same guy huh? Wow, sounds like I have to check this band out despite it being the worst band name I have ever heard.

I will also keep my eye/ear out for those other projects. Damn, Rob Crowe = John Reis?.

Yeah, Goblin Cock is a pretty horrible name and a disgusting cover too-just take a wild guess what's on the cover....nuff said. Great music though.

John Reis is pretty prolific as well with Hot Snakes, Drive Like Jehu and Tales From the Crypt....probably a bunch more I don't know about.

If you haven't heard the Offcell EP Pinback put out, you should check it out. "Grey Machine" is such an epic song.

John Reis and Rob Crow (yes, that is the correct spelling) are both from San Diego and Crow did guest vocals on the Drive Like Jehu song, "Luau." I just thought that was a wierd connection. check it out.

http://allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:plu67uu070jf

• I have Rob's album "Lactose Adept" which is pretty funny.
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    alobar wrote:
    John Reis and Rob Crow (yes, that is the correct spelling) are both from San Diego and Crow did guest vocals on the Drive Like Jehu song, "Luau." I just thought that was a wierd connection. check it out.

http://allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:plu67uu070jf
    weird is right! I guess I may have to bust out DLJ today. twist my arm.
    transplant wrote:
    weird is right! I guess I may have to bust out DLJ today. twist my arm.

Yank Crime is a fucking brilliant album and Luau happens to be my favorite song.