Options

Binaural - a summer album?

Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
edited January 2008 in The Porch
I listen to this more in the summer, yet its considered quite a dark album, one to listen to in the winter.....

I guess i played it to death summer 2000, maybe thats why, Light Years sounds great when the sun is beaming down.....
'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    RhynoRhyno Posts: 304
    I don't know, but you got me thinking about summer. Can't wait for it to get here! It's -11 with a -26 wind chill in MN now...
    Cheers!
    Rhyno

11/30/1991 ~ 3/25/92 ~ 8/28/92 ~ 6/30/98 ~ 10/8/2000 ~ 6/18/2003 ~ 6/21/2003 ~ 6/26/2006 ~ 6/27/2006 ~ 7/7/2006 ~ 8/5/2007 ~ 6/24/2008 ~ ALPINE VALLEY in '09 ;-)
  • Options
    Rhyno wrote:
    I don't know, but you got me thinking about summer. Can't wait for it to get here! It's -11 with a -26 wind chill in MN now...

Lol, and I'm complaining because its 5c and drizzley here in the uk lol.....

i used to be a winter person, but for some reason this year Im itching to see the sunshine.....and spin Binaural even more :D
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • Options
    I can dig Binaural as a summer album!

Spent most of last summer listening to like every second evening. I seem to go through a phase with each album where I listen to it extremely regularly for a while and get to know and love every part of it. For Binaural that was last summer...
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
  • Options
    I can dig Binaural as a summer album!

Spent most of last summer listening to like every second evening. I seem to go through a phase with each album where I listen to it extremely regularly for a while and get to know and love every part of it. For Binaural that was last summer...

Thats cool, glad to know someone else has nice summer memories attached to Binaural :)
  • Options
    Ten-Transistion from Winter to Spring
    Vs. Late Spring into SUmmer
    Vitalogy - fall
    No Code - Summer
    Yield - Late Summer early fall
    Binaural - winter
    Riot Act - Late all into early winter
    Pearl Jam - spring
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Binaural is a dark album. I would equate that to fall and Winter. I would say Vs. and Avocado are summer albums. Yield a spring album..
  • Options
    i can see how it would work on a summer evening. i generally dont listen to studio stuff. i should, dunno why i dont. i love listening to a good show on an outdoor summer night.
  • Options
    se7v7ense7v7en Philadelphia, PA Posts: 326
    I have always considered Binuaral to be a summer album.

Summer nights. I also think it works good in early fall. I think that dark albums work better in the summer and up albums in the winter. Listening to dark albums in the winter make them more depressing. Binuaral on a summer night is beautiful. In the winter I find myself listening to no code and yield omre
  • Options
    For me its late fall early winter same for riot act
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    binaural is a great winter album. YIELD is a summer album.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford