seeing Modest Mouse live for first time

2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance Posts: 23,243
edited November 2007 in Other Music
my wife loves these guys and we got tix for this week. anyone favor them live? i dig their last 2-3 albums and wonder what kind of live experience i'm in for?
www.cluthelee.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• cool, i'm a soldier of love now. mom always said i'd amount to something someday.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • seeing Modest Mouse live for first time

I'm sorry.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    there have been a few threads round here about modest mouse live. might be able to dig em up by searching. the consensus is they're pretty inconsistent. when they're on, they're pretty good. when they're off, they're way off it seems.

im going to see them in december.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    there have been a few threads round here about modest mouse live. might be able to dig em up by searching. the consensus is they're pretty inconsistent. when they're on, they're pretty good. when they're off, they're way off it seems.

im going to see them in december.

What soulsinging said is spot on.

I'm seeing them in December and hoping for a better show then i got a couple years ago.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • I saw them when they were IMO "on" at the Virgin Festival this past summer and it was great. I wanna see them again.
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    I saw them last week or maybe two weeks ago, eitehr way it was an alright show, nothing super but seeing Johnny Marr was rad, otehrwise not anything to write home about
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    my wife loves these guys and we got tix for this week. anyone favor them live? i dig their last 2-3 albums and wonder what kind of live experience i'm in for?

well just make sure they don't walk out on you!
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • my wife loves these guys and we got tix for this week. anyone favor them live? i dig their last 2-3 albums and wonder what kind of live experience i'm in for?

This years shows have been great. You're in for a good time. Issac "loses his shit" during some of the songs and maybe that's why some people say they are "off" but I find it very entertaining and "unrehearsed". Johnny Marr is an incredible asset to this band's live shows. Plus you'll get to see the 2 drummer set which really adds to the fullness of their sound. I got the pleasure of seeing them at the Ryman in Nashville and I would say that it is in the (top 5) of my all-time performances and I've seen over 200.
    the Minions
  • Saw them in Columbus this summer...fantastic show, great energy, all around great time. Hope you enjoy it!
    I'm trying to drink away the part of the day I cannot sleep away...
  • enjoyed them when I saw them in london on the last euro tour.
  • the show in Columbia, MO was excellent! seeing johnny marr play was pretty damn neat. i loved the 2 drummers set up they had! they translate well live for sure. thanks for all the feedback guys.
    www.cluthelee.com