Velvet Revolver

pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
edited January 2008 in Other Music
Anyone see them? Going to see them at the Rave tomorrow night (first time). Pretty excited.
Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    I saw them in NJ in the summer with AiC and they were pretty great. I love what they did with Slither and Sex Type Thing. So yeah, expect a bunch of STP and even some GNR covers.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Loved them in Albuquerque and in LA. AIC opened for them. Very energetic, Slash is still amazing and yes they threw in a little of the past and some slow melodies. It was a great concert. Scott definitely needs to eat, though.
  • gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    I saw them in 2005 and had a blast. Get drunk.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    gleemonex wrote:
    \ Get drunk.

Planning on it!!!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Velvet revolvers decent nothing special. I think slash and duff could do a lot better.
  • See them while you can

According to a recent interview with Duff, he's pretty much over it and doesn't care if Scott goes back to STP.

They will probably be breaking up after this current tour.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    I saw them at their LA show and am seeing them again in February. It's a rocking show; rock and roll 101 which makes for a good time.

They seemed to please the crowd (the certainly pleased me) when they gave us "Patience" during the acoustic set.

Slash and Duff are my reasons for seeing VR live. From the LA show I got what has got to be the best screensaver on my phone that I've ever had:

Best Screensaver Ever

Hope you have a good time.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    saw them on the aic tour as well, and i was impressed. great energy, great music.
  • DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    See em' while you can!

Word is they may only be a part-time band in the future and Weiland is getting back with STP
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired
  • Saw them in early 2005... Lots of energy, but the sound was crap. (The instrument levels, not the music, guy.)

That said, it was, at that point, the best gig I'd been to. And you can't fault their big, Hollywood-sleaze stage show - if you like that kind of thing, they're exactly the kind of thing you'll like.

Also: download their next single, Get Out The Door, for free here.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • VR's record label totally dropped the ball promoting their latest album
  • holtzholtz Posts: 509
    VR's record label totally dropped the ball promoting their latest album

Exactly how did they drop the ball? VR did a video, did tv appearances, had magazine and newspaper articles written about them and they toured a couple countries before the album was out. The first single was weak and thats why no one cared about the album.
  • holtz wrote:
    Exactly how did they drop the ball? VR did a video, did tv appearances, had magazine and newspaper articles written about them and they toured a couple countries before the album was out. The first single was weak and thats why no one cared about the album.

She Builds Quick Machines was a REALLY bad choice for the first single.
    "If my thoughts, dreams, could be seen, they'd probably put my head, in a guillotine, but it's alright ma, it's life and life only."
  • uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    Them-Bones wrote:
    She Builds Quick Machines was a REALLY bad choice for the first single.

couldn't agree more.
  • I saw them with Alice in Chains in November. They weren't bad but I wasn't impressed. They put on a good show though. AIC was way better.
    Stone Gossard...riffmeister extraordinaire!

I am a man, I am advanced.....I am the first man to borrow Stone's leather pants!
  • Doodah972Doodah972 Posts: 146
    ive seen them. they were with AIC and were pretty good. but i must say alice in chains were SOOO much better. i still loved seeing slash though. and when they played some STP i went crazy.
    "I changed by not changing at all"
  • just got back from the detroit show, which was pretty good, by far the best crowd responses were for the gnr and stp songs, played interstate love song, vasoline, patience, it's so easy, mr. brownstone
  • She builds quick machines, was a great choice for a 1st single. Great guitars, good catchy course. Records dont sell like the used to. VR kicks ass one of the best, bands around today.
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    just got back from the detroit show, which was pretty good, by far the best crowd responses were for the gnr and stp songs, played interstate love song, vasoline, patience, it's so easy, mr. brownstone

Easily the 6 best songs at the Milwaukee show Friday night as well. Was going absolutley nuts when they played GNR, my voice still hurts. Good show, great energy. And to agree with everyone, I haven't seen AIC, but plan on it next time they come around and want to see them more than VR.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    She builds quick machines, was a great choice for a 1st single. Great guitars, good catchy course. Records dont sell like the used to. VR kicks ass one of the best, bands around today.

I agree, I think it's the best song the album personally.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • flywallyflyflywallyfly Posts: 1,453
    I'm going to see them on Thursday and I'm glad to hear they will be playing some GNR and STP songs along with their own stuff. Very nice.
  • pr4mojo1pr4mojo1 Posts: 102
    Slash just said in an interview a few days ago that Weiland is playing a few STP shows this Summer! Fuck the covers...you can hear the real thing again! ;-)
    09/12/92-Irvine, 11/05/93-Indio, 06/24/95-San Fran, 11/06/95-SD, 11/07/95-SD, 7/13/98-LA, 07/14/98-LA, 10/25/00-SD, 10/28/00-Devore, 06/02/03-Irvine, 06/05/03-SD, 06/06/03-LV, 10/28/03-Santa Barbara, 09/02/05-Vancouver, 06/24/06-Cincy, 07/06/06-LV, 07/07/06-SD, 07/09/06-LA, 07/10/06-LA, 07/13/06-SB
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    saw them back in december and possibly one of the best rock n' roll shows i've ever seen. VR is a great definition of what rnr is. I had a great time. Scott sounded great; the covers were awesome. I could only have asked for a longer set. but besides that it was an amazing show.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • whome13whome13 Posts: 72
    i wouldn't recommend seeing them on this short little tour if you have before. i saw them in milwaukee and you could tell that either a) they were rusty for having a break in between touring or b) the band is completely falling apart.

-scott came out and called the crowd CHICAGO and then apologized after one of the band members reminded him
    -mixing was pretty bad; you could barely hear scott and at times you couldnt even tell what song they were doing
    -they came out at 9:45 when the show was scheduled to begin at 8
    -they cut a few songs that they've been doing (Pills, demons, etc & Gravedancer) but they added American Man

when they're breaking strings on Patience and screwing up on Slither you know it's a bad night, i guess.
  • i just saw them last night in Detroit. it was a good show and a pretty sweet venue too i might add. weiland is a badass on stage. it was cool seeing slash too. i couldve cared less about the VR songs but the gnr and stp covers were really fun to hear. all around, it was a really good rock show. if stp is really getting back together, i will definitely be going to see them.
  • evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,347
    seen them with aic and at the showbox one of the best concerts i have been to the enery was awesome and slash and duff were spot on and scott is one of the last tru frontmans
  • iluvslashiluvslash Posts: 121
    I'm seeing them in February like a week after Maiden. I'm only going because I like contraband and i'm a huge fan of Slash and Duff... I found the new record to be really disappointing. I guess it's because i'm comparing it to old gnr and new gnrs demos which are remarkably good. Man, i'd do anything to get Slash, Axl, Duff, Izzy and Steven to get back together.
    With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nothing done!
  • Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    Anyone going to any of the European gigs coming up??

Seems scott is out of rehab and the tour is on again.

Going to see them on Wed in Dublin.
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • holtzholtz Posts: 509
    iluvslash wrote:
    Man, i'd do anything to get Slash, Axl, Duff, Izzy and Steven to get back together.

Steven is worthless these days, Matt would be the drummer in any GNR reunion.