Chris Cornell comes to Denver Tomorrow...

pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
edited November 2007 in Other Music
So I've been driving around to all the expensive designer jeans stores trying to see if I can bump into Chris Cornell and make a request for tomorrow's show... It's about 30 hours until show time, wonder when he's going to postpone this one!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjtaper wrote:
    So I've been driving around to all the expensive designer jeans stores trying to see if I can bump into Chris Cornell and make a request for tomorrow's show... It's about 30 hours until show time, wonder when he's going to postpone this one!
    Enough with the designer jeans thing. You were bitter many months ago
  • cottoncrwn wrote:

Nah I love the designer jean comments. hehehe
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    as you should patrick... now I must battle myself not to rebuy tickets... and it doesn't help that I could get a pair for $40...
    designer jeans... designer jeans.... designer jeans... audioslave... designer jeans... designer jeans... designer jeans...
  • ii44ii44 Posts: 430
    pjtaper wrote:
    as you should patrick... now I must battle myself not to rebuy tickets... and it doesn't help that I could get a pair for $40...
    designer jeans... designer jeans.... designer jeans... audioslave... designer jeans... designer jeans... designer jeans...

$40 dollars a pair to see a living legend? Sounds like a sweet deal to me.
  • pjtaper wrote:

YOU BETTER NOT GO. LOL

IS he still playing at the same place?

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k300/patrickpjfan/15.00102.jpg
  • ii44 wrote:
    $40 dollars a pair to see a living legend? Sounds like a sweet deal to me.

Legend , I think not.
  • ii44ii44 Posts: 430
    Legend , I think not.

False.
    yep, still 6 blocks from my house, right across from sanchos
  • pjtaper wrote:
    yep, still 6 blocks from my house, right across from sanchos

I could live at Sanchos. lol
  • ii44 wrote:
    False.

Cornell was great to see in concert. But twice postponed in Denver. He lost my support after that.
  • ajedigeckoajedigecko Posts: 2,430
    i would like to hear seasons played live.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    I'm calling sour grapes...

c'mon..

"Slaves and Bulldozers" live...

enough said..
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    cottoncrwn wrote:
    Is he bitter??? Maybe.......Is he funny expressing it??? YES!!!!! Keep up the good work, pjtaper. :)
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • tybird wrote:
    Is he bitter??? Maybe.......Is he funny expressing it??? YES!!!!! Keep up the good work, pjtaper. :)

I flew out to Denver hoping to catch the show in July. It was post poned of course but still had a great time in the Mile High state. :D
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    pjtaper wrote:

A PAIR for $40??? Where??? Sign me up!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • CServant wrote:
    A PAIR for $40??? Where??? Sign me up!

It's in the designer jeans section. heh
    craiglist... there's a pair for $50 and the person is willing to go $40
    Please, buy them so I don't!
  • ajedigecko wrote:
    i would like to hear seasons played live.

he played seasons in Kansas City a few nights ago and it was for sure a highlight of the night. Another highlight, he didn't play Original Fire... thank god. The concert was literally amazing, voice was top notch, the band and him seem to have a lot of fun playing all the old songs. Other highlights were 3 songs from Temple of the Dog and the encore was just crazy with the Whole Lotta Love ending.
  • ajedigeckoajedigecko Posts: 2,430
    he played seasons in Kansas City a few nights ago and it was for sure a highlight of the night. Another highlight, he didn't play Original Fire... thank god. The concert was literally amazing, voice was top notch, the band and him seem to have a lot of fun playing all the old songs. Other highlights were 3 songs from Temple of the Dog and the encore was just crazy with the Whole Lotta Love ending.
    wish i could have attended the show....i noticed your signature. did you make it to the ccfa pre party?
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Cornell was great to see in concert. But twice postponed in Denver. He lost my support after that.

I'm actually glad he postponed, I was out of town last time.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • bookmusebookmuse Posts: 277
    I loved both CC's shows I was at. The man is amazing. I really hope he gave the Denver folks an extra long show and some amazing songs(I know he did the amazing songs part).
    "Speak your mind even if your voice shakes" ~ M Kuhn
  • In fact, it was a good show. Not enough TotD stuff for my liking, but the guy can still belt it.

I wore my non-designer jeans. It was a good time.
  • It was a great show. He played a lot of Soundgarden tunes so I was happy. My wife was being cool and polite and she actually got a setlist. One of the roadies threw it, but it didn't make it past the barriers and the security guy gave it to my wife. I guess it pays to be nice sometimes and pretty doesn't hurt either I suppose. I'll be framing that bad boy. It's kind of cool, when he did the solo accoustic stuff it just says....."Cornell" on the set list.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038

hah!

shut PJtaper up with that one..!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford