Go ahead and make fun of me...

pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
edited November 2007 in Other Music
I just bought two tickets to Chris Cornell for $20 total... I'm going tonight... After all the shit I've talked I just can't resist... I put on his new album today and it hit me... I drove to the venue and was walking around, there were a few scalpers there, I talked to a nice dude in a Soundgarden shirt for a while, then he sold me his tickets...
Ugh, I am such a sellout...
FLAME ME, I deserve it... give me shit, I can take it, I deserve it, but I am going to FINALLY see the pompous designer jeans wearing Denver fan neglecting asshole Chris Cornell tonight...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    LOL :D

Are you going to stop making the designer jeans jokes now? They were getting old...
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    yes I am... but I'll have you know I'm wearing my $8 pair of jeans that I bought at a thrift store to the show...
    I am a sellout!
  • pjtaper wrote:
    I just bought two tickets to Chris Cornell for $20 total... I'm going tonight... After all the shit I've talked I just can't resist... I put on his new album today and it hit me... I drove to the venue and was walking around, there were a few scalpers there, I talked to a nice dude in a Soundgarden shirt for a while, then he sold me his tickets...
    FLAME ME, I deserve it... give me shit, I can take it, I deserve it, but I am going to FINALLY see the pompous designer jeans wearing Denver fan neglecting asshole Chris Cornell tonight...

um, when he sings and you lose your bowels because he is just that fucking awesome - you HAVE to come back here and make a very nice complement about his designer jeans.

seriously, Seeing CORNELL live is a great fucking experience. he is AMAZING...

I was sorry about his scheduling thing and all but jeeeeeeeeesus, he is worth it.
    I just hope for your sake he doesnt sing that awful song he wrote for his wife...finally forever is the worst song you can imagine.
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • LOL :D

Are you going to stop making the designer jeans jokes now? They were getting old...

I'm not gonna stop. :)

Mic I sent you a message already. :D
  • you'll be glad you finally came around.
    "It's all happening"
  • Go buy some True Religion jeans and get your photo taken with Chris. You owe to us all! :D
    NERDS!
  • um, when he sings and you lose your bowels because he is just that fucking awesome - you HAVE to come back here and make a very nice complement about his designer jeans.

seriously, Seeing CORNELL live is a great fucking experience. he is AMAZING...

I was sorry about his scheduling thing and all but jeeeeeeeeesus, he is worth it.
    I just hope for your sake he doesnt sing that awful song he wrote for his wife...finally forever is the worst song you can imagine.
    Yes, yes, yes, and yes
    I will come back to this thread just to see some designer jeans ass kissing.
    I saw Chris in October and he was worth every penny. Thank god for the show I went to, he did NOT sing 'Finally Forever'
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    id consider going to a cornell show, if someone paid me $20 to take their tickets.
  • Duder5kDuder5k Posts: 278
    You know, this whole jeans thing is so overblown and is just becoming another stupid meme. How do we know he wasn't tied down to some contractual obligations that necessated his post-ponement of the Denver show? After the non-stop touring this guy has been doing for a straight year now, you think suddenly, at one show, he just decides he's not into it and rather play for some corporate a-holes? I for one think it was just some sort of requirement he had to fulfill, and not necessarily something he'd prefer to do rather than a real live show.

But anyway, I digress. Congrats on the tickets, enjoy the show.
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,882
    id consider going to a cornell show, if someone paid me $20 to take their tickets.

ouch
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• id consider going to a cornell show, if someone paid me $20 to take their tickets.

Your cool.
  • Your cool.

His cool what?
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    pjtaper wrote:
    Hey thats cool you are going to see CC tonight. Sometimes we just get lucky and get a good deal on tix like that when you randomly just strike up a conversation with someone. That's happened to me before.

Have fun man! The designer jeans comments have got me laughing, Good stuff. :D
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Duder5k wrote:
    You know, this whole jeans thing is so overblown and is just becoming another stupid meme. How do we know he wasn't tied down to some contractual obligations that necessated his post-ponement of the Denver show? After the non-stop touring this guy has been doing for a straight year now, you think suddenly, at one show, he just decides he's not into it and rather play for some corporate a-holes? I for one think it was just some sort of requirement he had to fulfill, and not necessarily something he'd prefer to do rather than a real live show.

But anyway, I digress. Congrats on the tickets, enjoy the show.

His touring manager booked two gigs on the same night. One of the shows was his gig (Denver) the other wasn't (jeans thing). Basically CC was left with a shity decision to make and because he couldn't cancel someone else's gig that he'd agreed to play, he had to cancel his own show. For the record, Chris fired the guy responsible for the fuck-up.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • AMAZING SINGER/SONGWRITER!!! For such a cheap price...I am eternally jealous. The new album is a very mature and pleasant Cornell. I'm actually surprised it hasn't been played more on the light rock/adult alternative stations. For the record...Cornell's "Billie Jean" kicks Jacko's ass.
  • Duder5kDuder5k Posts: 278
    eyedclaar wrote:
    His touring manager booked two gigs on the same night. One of the shows was his gig (Denver) the other wasn't (jeans thing). Basically CC was left with a shity decision to make and because he couldn't cancel someone else's gig that he'd agreed to play, he had to cancel his own show. For the record, Chris fired the guy responsible for the fuck-up.
    Aah, I knew something like that happened. Anyway, it should be a great show. Cornell + Denver = win. Anyone who's heard Soundgarden 11-7-1996 knows what I'm talking about. ;)