Going to see Neil Young TONIGHT in Denver!

pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
edited November 2007 in Other Music
I'm so excited! I love Chrome Dreams II... Anyone see him recently? I'm curious what he's been playing!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Have fun paying $150 to not recognize half the setlist. :D

Aw, don't mind me, I'm just bitter that I can't afford to see him here in PA.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    I'll know most of the songs, and I bought 1 ticket off a person on craigslist for $45...
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    didn't you hear?
    Neil cancelled the show.

he's gonna help out a friend who designs jeans, playing a gig at his house in LA instead.
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
    I'm sure most of the designers of Neil's jeans are dead, I don't think he owns a new item of clothing!
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    pjtaper wrote:
    I'm so excited! I love Chrome Dreams II... Anyone see him recently? I'm curious what he's been playing!

His setlist tends to stay very similar so expect most of this:

10-30-2007, Nokia Live, Los Angeles, California

From Hank To Hendrix
    Ambulance Blues
    Sad Movies (unreleased)
    A Man Needs A Maid
    No One Seems To Know (unreleased)
    Harvest
    Campaigner
    After The Gold Rush
    Mellow My Mind
    Love Art Blues (unreleased)
    Love Is A Rose
    Old Man

The Loner
    Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere
    Dirty Old Man
    Spirit Road
    Bad Fog Of Loneliness (unreleased)
    Winterlong
    Oh, Lonesome Me
    The Believer
    No Hidden Path

Cinnamon Girl
    Tonight's The Night

The encore switches up sometimes he has played like a hurricane instead of cinnamon girl.

you get to hear ambulance blues live... that is worth 150 dollars by itself.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    meme wrote:
    didn't you hear?
    Neil cancelled the show.

he's gonna help out a friend who designs jeans, playing a gig at his house in LA instead.
    :D:D:D:p
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    pjtaper wrote:
    I'm sure most of the designers of Neil's jeans are dead, I don't think he owns a new item of clothing!

:)

Have fun!
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    I saw him Friday in L.A., great show. Acoustic set was essentially as above, but he dropped Campaigner and Old Man, and added Love In Mind and Heart of Gold. Electric set was the same, but he threw in Cortez into the encore. The extended solos on No Hidden Path alone are worth the price of admission.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
    should I get there early? Did Neil come out and play with Peggy? Was she decent?
    Pegi was OK (helps to have Rick Rosas and Ben Keith from Neils band in your backing band). She plays some bluesy stuff, but her voice doesn't have the depth for it. The only song I didn't like was Love Like Water, the rest was enjoyable enough, but forgettable.

Might as well show up early, there is only a 20 minute intermission between Pegi's set and Neils solo set, they keep the evening moving. Neil didn't play during Pegi's set, but Larry Cragg (Neils guitar tech) did play sitar on one track.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

thank you merkin! I don't think I'm going to get there too early... I heard the poster sucks (doh!)
    pjtaper wrote:
    thank you merkin! I don't think I'm going to get there too early... I heard the poster sucks (doh!)

Yeah, and the t-shirts are $35!

WOW! WHAT A SHOW!!!
    Acoustic SOLO set, then electric with the guys and solo...
    This was my 2nd best Neil Young show EVER, and I've seen him a lot!
    So many great songs played, I had goosebumps when he came out, put on the harp, and started playing "From Hank to Hendrix", changing the lyrics to show his love for Peggy!
    GREAT JOB NEIL!
  • pjtaper wrote:
    WOW! WHAT A SHOW!!!
    So many great songs played, I had goosebumps when he came out, put on the harp, and started playing "From Hank to Hendrix", changing the lyrics to show his love for Peggy!
    GREAT JOB NEIL!

Glad you had a great time Mic. :D
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I've never seen a bad neil show. Glad you enjoyed it :D

how was ambulance blues? i'd kill to see that.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • intodeep wrote:

how was ambulance blues? i'd kill to see that.

I think I would pay just for that song.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    pjtaper wrote:
    WOW! WHAT A SHOW!!!
    GREAT JOB NEIL!
    Happy to see you got to see a show that you wanted to see.....:D
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Lucky bastards!!!!!!! Unable to get tickets for Toronto sold out in minutes.
    Peace,

This is where you can find what he played: http://www.sugarmtn.org/

2007: http://www.sugarmtn.org/years/07nysets.html