Chris Cornell... what a BIAAAATCH!!!

pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
edited September 2007 in Other Music
Hehe, just got an update from Ticketmaster, Chris Cornell has once again postponed his Denver concert. No reason given, once again, but I'm guessing it has to do with designer handbags, since he's all good on the designer jeans collection!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA, glad I'm not going to that show!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Unparalleled douchebagery.
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    Fuck he must really hate you mile highers
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • pjtaper wrote:
    Hehe, just got an update from Ticketmaster, Chris Cornell has once again postponed his Denver concert. No reason given, once again, but I'm guessing it has to do with designer handbags, since he's all good on the designer jeans collection!

i love chris but damn. again? really turning into a dick.
  • His doctor told him to lay off screaming his vocal chords out for the next two weeks.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • As much as I want to say that he's just making a career, and it's all about business, and excuse his odd behaviour somehow, I'm really disappointed in Cornell these days. I listen to songs like Pretty Noose or Like Suicide, and wonder what happened.:(
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • I guess if it's for medical reasons it can't really be helped. I would rather see him when his voice is good and rested than when he's tired and hoarse sounding - have you guys not seen Audioslave live in Cuba?!
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    As much as I want to say that he's just making a career, and it's all about business, and excuse his odd behaviour somehow, I'm really disappointed in Cornell these days. I listen to songs like Pretty Noose or Like Suicide, and wonder what happened.:(

Perfectly said. One of the things that always pops into my head when listening to SG or early Audioslave is, "Oh Chris.... you used to be so cool." There was so much passion to his music. Now all of his anger is gone and he makes shit like Carry On. It's great for him, but it sucks for almost everyone else.

His live act is still awesome though.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Wow... That majorly sucks. He should learn to plan less of a hectic tour schedule.
  • Er...you guys do realise how many shows he's playing on this tour, right? And you're calling him out over a couple of cancellations? I can understand people might be pissed off when a gig in their town is postponed for whatever reason, but let's get some sense of proportion. He's been on tour since April, has played 70-80 shows so far and will be playing more well into next year, on almost every continent on the planet. It's a lot of work, the shows are usually well upwards of two hours and the reviews have been bloody good by and large. I think just a handful of gigs have been cancelled or moved so far, appearances at three European festivals (out of a pretty long list) and a couple of dates in the US.

upcoming dates here: http://www.chriscornell.org.uk/tour.htm
    www.myspace.com/clareobrienwright
    www.chriscornell.org.uk
  • Er...you guys do realise how many shows he's playing on this tour, right? And you're calling him out over a couple of cancellations? I can understand people might be pissed off when a gig in their town is postponed for whatever reason, but let's get some sense of proportion. He's been on tour since April, has played 70-80 shows so far and will be playing more well into next year, on almost every continent on the planet. It's a lot of work, the shows are usually well upwards of two hours and the reviews have been bloody good by and large. I think just a handful of gigs have been cancelled or moved so far, appearances at three European festivals (out of a pretty long list) and a couple of dates in the US.

He needs to kick his tour organisers into touch. They're killing him!
  • same show twice? that better be one hell of a gig when/if it ever happens, maybe soundgarden will show. matts not busy.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    same show twice? that better be one hell of a gig when/if it ever happens, maybe soundgarden will show. matts not busy.
    don't say that.. I got my money back the first time he postponed out of anger... if SG is there and I'm not, bad things will happen!
  • pjtaper wrote:

I'm so glad I didn't plan a another trip out to Denver to see him. Of course hanging out with you Mic would have been awesome again.

Cornell what a bitch. hehehe
  • He needs to kick his tour organisers into touch. They're killing him!

It sure does seem like he's played a shit ton of shows. He's looks like he is having alot of fun with his band now, but this tour is crazy.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown

Right on Clare!

Understand being pissed at late notice and messing up travel plans but there are more horrible things to stress about

Get over it and see another show
    Chris will be worth the wait
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows

This is the second time he has postponed the Denver show. Sorry I'm gonna give him a hard time about this.