My first Red Rocks show TONIGHT! Going to see Bjork...

pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
edited May 2007 in Other Music
So I'm going to see my first show at Red Rocks tonight... I've been living in Colorado for a few months now, and I've always said I will not go to Red Rocks until Pearl Jam plays there, but I can't wait all my life...
Anyone see Bjork lately? Anyone know what the poster is going to be?
I'm kinda excited for this!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    I have Pearl Jam red rocks 95 dvd. Is this the really cool ampi?
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    yeah, it is really cool... I went to check it out a few weeks ago though, it is NO gorge, that is for sure!
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Looks like a cool venue. Have a great time and tell us how it was. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    pjtaper wrote:
    yeah, it is really cool... I went to check it out a few weeks ago though, it is NO gorge, that is for sure!

Red Rocks > Gorge
    Aside from a killer view at the Gorge, not even close. Wait until you hear those acoustics bouncing off the rocks. It's our piece of heaven in Colorado!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    hope the weather turns around for you. you will love that place regardless.
  • jdub3001jdub3001 Posts: 194
    Red Rocks is the best amphitheatre I have ever been to, although I haven't been to the Gorge. Yet. Anyway, I'm sure you'll have a great time, even if you do have to sit through a Bjork show! :D

Sorry, just never been a big fan of Bjork...
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    if anyone knows how to find out if Bjork has an opener tonight, I would greatly appreciate it... I've called Red Rocks, TM, no luck yet...
    I've looked everywhere!
  • AvocadoLadyAvocadoLady Posts: 680
    I don't know if she will have an opener tonight, but my boss saw her Saturday and said the opener (ghostigital) was INSANE...they were so loud that most of the audience left and waited it out in the lobby. Here's a link to a review:

http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/music/poprock/384019,CST-FTR-bjork14.article

...and a representative quote:

"As Curver delivered a punishingly loud electro-clash assault, Einar ranted and raved, prancing about the stage and sometimes bounding off it to stroll down the aisle, only steps behind a portion of the audience that ran for the shelter of the lobby to ride out the storm."

I've seen her at the opera house here, and it was an AMAZING performance...I'm not even a huge Bjork fan, but it was just cool. She came out in a dress made of red microscope slides that chimed with each step. And, she brought a huge Icelandic choir and a giant music box. It was just...interesting :D

This time she's touring with an all-female brass section. I'm seeing her next week at Sasquatch - we can compare notes :D
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • offhegoes09offhegoes09 Posts: 327
    CServant wrote:
    Red Rocks > Gorge
    Aside from a killer view at the Gorge, not even close. Wait until you hear those acoustics bouncing off the rocks. It's our piece of heaven in Colorado!
    I have seen shows at both the gorge and red rocks...although i am a bigger fan of the gorge view-wise, i'll agree that red rocks sounds better. social d seriously BROUGHT IT last year. fucking amazing.
    "The whole world will be different soon"
  • red rocks looks a cool venue,but i seriously doubt any other band/artist would top U2 live in red rocks 1983 that was an awesome legendary show.
  • mauichickmauichick Posts: 964
    I am a HUGE Bjork fan and y're in for an amazing show, esp at Red Rocks
    I just saw one of the 3 shows she did in NY (Radio City) would have loved to see other 2 but lucky to get tix for one
    She's always interesting and incredible...loved the duet she did (forget the artists name ??) not familiar with him, but they were great together..
    Brass band was cool, but i'm partial to the choir she had last time...just magical

Enjoy!!

Are you taping?
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Saw Bjork at Coachella, thought it was a great show. The two higher energy new tracks (Earth Intruders and Declare Independence) rocked, and the Hyperballad -> Pluto transition was great. I was really happy to hear some of the Medulla tracks too.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
    mauichick wrote:
    She's always interesting and incredible...loved the duet she did (forget the artists name ??) not familiar with him, but they were great together..
    Was it the duet off the new cd with Antony of Antony & the Johnsons? I would have loved to see that!
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • mauichickmauichick Posts: 964
    Was it the duet off the new cd with Antony of Antony & the Johnsons? I would have loved to see that!

I'm not sure, but I think so (I've been slow to get the new album, wanted to wait until after the show..)
    It wasn't a track I've heard before...
    They have incredible chemistry together.
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
  • hbrownehbrowne Posts: 57
    I have seen shows at both the gorge and red rocks...although i am a bigger fan of the gorge view-wise, i'll agree that red rocks sounds better. social d seriously BROUGHT IT last year. fucking amazing.

Social D played at Red Rocks? Where was I? I too have not yet been to Red Rocks despite having lived here almost 2 years. I was hoping PJ would play there last summer, but instead we got the Crapsi Center. (I just coined that and it made me laugh just now).

I saw Social D at the Gothic - now THAT was a show. IN-sane. I haven't been crushed in a pit like that since . . . wait, Kings of Leon. No, seriously, since the olden days of PJ yore. Ness owned that Gothic. Social D has a greatest hits CD coming out with one new song this summer.

For me, I am pinning my Red Rocks hopes on a cryptic email I got referencing an August 3rd date at Red Rocks with RYAN ADAMS, Lucinda Williams, Denver band DeVotchKa, and Old 97s. I'd sell an ovary for that. Well, maybe not. Maybe, like, part of my liver or something since it ain't much good anyways...

:)
    Heather
    My Music Blog
    I AM FUEL, YOU ARE FRIENDS
    http://fuelfriends.blogspot.com
    hbrowne wrote:

For me, I am pinning my Red Rocks hopes on a cryptic email I got referencing an August 3rd date at Red Rocks with RYAN ADAMS, Lucinda Williams, Denver band DeVotchKa, and Old 97s. I'd sell an ovary for that. Well, maybe not. Maybe, like, part of my liver or something since it ain't much good anyways...

:)
    Heather

OH SNAP. WHYYYY does that conflict with Lolla? :( I totally would have made another trip out to Denver.
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    OH SNAP. WHYYYY does that conflict with Lolla? :( I totally would have made another trip out to Denver.

I am!!! CHI-Town, here we come! Got Lolla tix, now just need to track down some Cubs/Mets tix to complete the weekend.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain