Explosions in the Sky in LA

quasiquasi Posts: 492
edited April 2008 in Other Music
Wow, an epic concert Monday night here in LA. I was in the front row of the Wiltern Theatre and it was one of the best concerts I've ever been to. Anybody else go? If they're coming to your city, you must go. They are taking a very long break come June so see them while you can.
SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• E.BloomE.Bloom Posts: 188
    They played in Oslo last year, some of my friends were there and they said it was awesome! Their last cd is brilliant
    we were but stones,your light made us stars

Dublin 06
    London 07
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Seeing them in a week and a half. Im really looking forward to it. Do they sell vinyl at their shows?
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • As long as nothing changes, I'll be seeing them in about two weeks in Buffalo. Can't believe how close it's getting now.
    I discovered the secret of life, but forgot to write it down.
  • nippleholicnippleholic Posts: 1,084
    As long as nothing changes, I'll be seeing them in about two weeks in Buffalo. Can't believe how close it's getting now.

i'll be there as well...saw them in Toronto last year and it was awesome...
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)
    2024: Vancouver (x2), Portland, Sacramento, Las Vegas (x2), Los Angeles (x2), Dublin, Manchester, London, Berlin (x2), Barcelona (x2)

• So, nothing changed and I got to go and it was an awesome show. I was surprised by how small the venue was, definitely wasn't expecting that, but can't say I minded. It seemed the audience was slightly irritated by waiting almost half an hour for the show to start, so there was a lot of talking. I think almost everyone there found Lichens' set to be boring, but I liked it, just wish that I could have seen him from where I was and that the audience would have been quieter. Of course Explosions was well received, everyone standing for most of the show and lots of applause, much of it in the middle of songs after the loud parts.

They played eight songs, but after about halfway through I got so caught up in the experience that I can't remember the exact order for the last few. Here's how I think it went, though:

Yasmin the Light
    Catastrophe and the Cure
    The Birth and Death of the Day
    The Only Moment We Were Alone
    Greet Death
    Welcome, Ghosts
    Six Days at the Bottom of the Ocean
    Memorial
    I discovered the secret of life, but forgot to write it down.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Lack of Your Hand in Mine = death
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Lack of Your Hand in Mine = death

Agreed, luckily they played it first song when I saw them so I didnt have to worry about it. I wish they would pause at least once or twice between songs.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson