Options

For those who like Jack Johnson

McCready00McCready00 Posts: 371
edited May 2006 in Other Music
I recently started to listen to Xavier Rudd and I like it so much now. I know he has opened for Jack Johnson back in time ( last year I think ) and now I really need to know more about that kind of music and everything.. What great bands of that kind should I know more about or which album I really need !
-"it's times like these you have to ask yourself, "what would mike mccready do"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    if you like jack johnson...then you should definitely check out: matt costa "songs we sing", animal liberation orchestra, ben harper - everything in his collection...but i'm sure you probably already know him. that's all i can think of now...matt costa is a must have though...love it!!
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • Options
    Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    iamsampj wrote:
    if you like jack johnson...then you should definitely check out: matt costa "songs we sing", animal liberation orchestra, ben harper - everything in his collection...but i'm sure you probably already know him. that's all i can think of now...matt costa is a must have though...love it!!

Matt Costa is great. Great live show too.
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    Matt Costa is great. Great live show too.
    i'm sooo excited that he's coming through florida in june. so excited i'm going to orlando and tampa. i've got all of my friends into him. i can't wait!!
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • Options
    parchyparchy Posts: 205
    This is my specialty. If you like Xavier Rudd and Jack, check out the John Butler Trio and get back to me. Amos Lee, Bob Schneider, Dispatch, Scratch Track and Robert Randolph are some others I can think of off the bat.
    Make Movies. Don't make Videos. Videos are evil.
  • Options
    10_pearljam10_pearljam Posts: 172
    john butler trio? what cd is good to start with? same for xavier rudd?
    He is alive but feels absolutely nothing.
    So is he?
    When he was six he believed that the moon overhead followed him.
    By nine he had deciphered the illusion trading magic for fact.
    No tradebacks...
    So this is what it's like to be an adult
    If he only knew now what he knew then...
  • Options
    parchyparchy Posts: 205
    john butler trio? what cd is good to start with? same for xavier rudd?

For JBT, definitely start with 'Three.' With Xavier, I'd go for 'Solace' and then work from there.
    Make Movies. Don't make Videos. Videos are evil.
  • Options
    offhegoes09offhegoes09 Posts: 327
    parchy wrote:
    For JBT, definitely start with 'Three.' With Xavier, I'd go for 'Solace' and then work from there.
    'Three' is definately the best to start with JBT... I would probably get 'To Let' to start w/ Xavier Rudd...I think it's a much better album than 'Solace'...but to each their own!
    "The whole world will be different soon"