90es punk rockers and then... Simple Plan

McCready00McCready00 Posts: 371
edited December 2006 in Other Music
I don't care if you like or not Simple Plan, this post has been created simply to show you that band that I used to like. If you were not listening to punk music back in that time, or if you simply don't like this kind of music, please don't write anything.... i just do not care..

Before Simple Plan, 2 of their members ( or 3 ) had a band called RESET.. I remember I saw them a couple of times during the late 90es.. They were very great and very young.. They played with Ten Foot Pole, No Use For A Name and many other great bands like that. David Desrosiers get in the band after Pierre had quit. They formed Simple Plan a couple of years later.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PfYvyZMFxpk (with Pierre Bouvier on vocal)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=cbgfGZvEbug (with David Desrosiers on vocal)
-"it's times like these you have to ask yourself, "what would mike mccready do"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• simple plan is not punk rock by any means. simple plan is manufactured pop. i would rather be raped by 10 angry out of work lumberjacks than listen to an entire simple plan "song."
  • at first i thought you meant sum 41, and they kinda rock so i was feeling ya, then i google simple plan , i boy do i dislike them strongly.

member when ed said in that dvd,

if it wasnt for the buzzcocks, who knows, we might be sounding like good charlotte. (or something to that effect) ??

simple plan is in that category. i dont like it and i dont care for it.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • I'd rather have my ears cut off than listen to Simple Plan.
  • I know you all hate Simple Plan, this is not the issue here..

hmm

@ chrisopalooza :

I don't know man.. I think bands like Simple Plan are the new generation's kind of punk rockers.. I mean, back to my youth, bands like No Use or Lag Wagon were very far of The Ramones or The Buzzcocks but they were kinda Punk Rock whatever. The dudes from Simple Plan were fans of them and if you look at the music they have written with RESET, it's almost the same thing.. But this kind of punk got kicked out of the ligue .. But I know what you mean, but at the same time, this is the way the music is done today, commercially. Even if it's not on the same level, Pearl Jam are strongly using the commercial way since 2-3 years. I know what you mean though.

Anyway, i think we may have a long discution on it without finding out who's wrong. You know, i'm not listening to that kind of music since so long... so I do not really care of everyone's opinions. :P
  • simple plan is not punk rock by any means. simple plan is manufactured pop. i would rather be raped by 10 angry out of work lumberjacks than listen to an entire simple plan "song."

Weird, that's what I was going to say.
    www.myspace.com/olafvonmastadon
  • Weird, that's what I was going to say.

You guys just can't appreciate good music. Oh well Glenda, oh well.
  • manufactured pop.. and you think Pearl Jam are not like that with their last album?
  • McCready00 wrote:
    manufactured pop.. and you think Pearl Jam are not like that with their last album?

if manufactured pop is balls to the walls rock...then they are

simple plan is manufactured poop.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • if manufactured pop is balls to the walls rock...then they are

simple plan is manufactured poop.

Now that's funny!!!
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780
    McCready00 wrote:
    I don't know man.. I think bands like Simple Plan are the new generation's kind of punk rockers.

I can't help but disagree with you. Simple Plan are this generations Punk Pretenders and are much more similar to the 'hair metal' phenomenon.

To combat the mainstream image of pop that has formed over the last decade or so 'legitimate punk' has evolved to produce a much harsher sound.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • rage333rage333 Posts: 157
    FUCK SIMPLE PLAN! and everything that MTV will call Punk rock. ITS NOT! IF someone asked me "hey man listen to Simple Plan or get raped by 10 angrey out of work lumberjacks.........." I would have to say "...............hmm.. bring in the lumberjacks." PLease, I urge everyone to not listen to this crap. America needs to take its stance on emo/pop punk like england does.
    Did anyone read about the Panic at The dico show in england? Well some one threw a beer bottle at their singer and knocked his ass out! It was a while back...........but it still makes me smile.
    "when the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will be at peace"-Jimi Hendrix
  • 20 years from now, everyone will look back and wonder why people liked these posers...the same way we look back at Poison and Vanilla Ice. They were once the next big thing and the "cool" artists to like too. People are so busy living in the "now" that they can't see the truth right in front of their face. I got beat up by a kid in elementary school for making fun of Vanilla Ice at the top of his game. 10 years later the kid was embarrassed to even look at me.
  • This thread is ABOUT a band called RESET and not about Simple Plan..
  • Right...sorry...
  • direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    Simple Plan are an embrarrassment to music, not to mention an embarrassment to Canada.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • direwolf74 wrote:
    Simple Plan are an embrarrassment to music, not to mention an embarrassment to Canada.

Even if it wasn't the issue of this topic.. I think I prefer by far the music from Simple Plan to many of those bands who shoot negative shit on our kids.. I'm maybe not a big fan of Simple Plan, but I do fucking respect the history of this band and the plan they use. Anyway I'd prefer to see my child listening to them to many other shit.. I mean, they have many love songs but also a couple of songs where they had choosen to talk about how this world is fucked up..
    thanks you, bonsoir..
  • i'll tell the truth. i had never heard of this band reset and they suck just as band as simple plan. i only got through half of the song that the piere guy sang and then i did make it through the whole other song but, was not impressed at all.
    music. love. life.

the stickman's ghost: www.myspace.com/yield1914
  • of course if you don't like punk rock music from the 90es you might not be impressed at all..

And by the way, i'm not actually saying that they were a huge band, but I only wanted to show you guys who Simple Plan were before.. A punk rock band with great lyrics.

Anyway, this board have always been the same.. Same old bullshit.. You guys are sooooo boring in music.. You simply can't open yourself to anything. Not saying here that if you don't like Reset or Simple Plan you don't have any taste in music, but my god..

If you judge a bands like that.. Pearl Jam would be shit compared to the Pink Floyd.. and who is Mike McCready compared to Conrad Simon !?!?!?!?!
  • i just really didn't like it and have never liked simple plan or any pop-punk band for that matter. too kiddy-like for me with little substance in the music.
    music. love. life.

the stickman's ghost: www.myspace.com/yield1914
  • it wasn't my mean !!

:P