Options

Clash segment on FUSE last night

lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,000
edited March 2006 in Other Music
Did anyone catch the documentary on the Clash that the FUSE music channel had on cable last night..?

Its was a really great "behind the music" type historical review of the band's beginnings ....and end..

Most of the concert clips were taken from the previously released "docu-drama" called "RUDE BOY"..(another great DVD to have in your collection)
BUT
there were lots of new / recent interviews with all the original members (including drummer Topper Headon.. sp?)..

The part that hit me the deepest were the interviews with Joe Strummer (before his death)...despite his heavy cockney accent, he was such a smart, articulate, insightful and caring artist!

He really lamented over the break up of the orginal line up of the Clash.

He kept emphasizing in retrospect that , if you have something magical, don't mess with it..

I have to believe Eddie keeps this advice near and dear to his heart in keeping Pearl Jam together all these years..
"This here's a REQUEST!"
EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
10/25/13 Hartford
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    sounds like the westway to the world documentary made a few years back.
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,000
    yes..That's the one..

great user ID BTW~!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    thanks, i remember watching a few years back and i remember the point where Joe Strummer was talking about keeping the chemistry together and how he fucked up by trying to change it, or something along those lines. I nearly cried man, i could feel his pain, it was as if he was talking to himeslf at that point, and just needed to let something out. Weird i know, i'm probably looking too much into it.
  • Options
    brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    i remember that in 'westway to the world' j. strummer praises mick jones like 3 times at least. and i always wondered if they all recorded that whole interview at the same place at the same time. (i guess not)

the only thing missing there was a segment with them all, together.
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute