Screw all the Cornell haters!

lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
edited January 2008 in Other Music
Latest South American setlist...Holy Christ please make this into an Offiicial DVD~!

Intro - (Sunshower instrumental?)
Let Me Drown (SG)
Outshined (SG)
Spoonman (SG)
Show me How to Live (A-slave)
Hunger Strike (Temple of the Dog)
No Such Thing
You Know My Name
Fell On Black days (SG)
What You Are (A-slave)
Rusty Cage (SG)
Finally Forever
Put A Spell On You/Billie Jean
I Am the Highway (A-slave)
Thank You (Led Zep Cover)
Like a Stone (A-slave)
Doesn't Remind Me (A-slave)
Band Jam/Cochise (A-slave)
Ty Cobb (SG)
Zero Chance (SG)
Arms Around Your Love
Be Yourself (A-slave)
Out of Exile (A-slave)
Black Hole Sun (SG)
Jesus Christ Pose (SG)
Can't Change Me
Burden in My Hand (SG)
Seasons (A-slave) /In My Time Of Dying(Led Zep cover)
Slaves & Bulldozers/Drum Solo/4th of July (SG)/
Whole Lotta Love (Led Zep cover)
"This here's a REQUEST!"
EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
10/25/13 Hartford
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    I was there and met him :D

this is the correct setlist:

intro (instrumental Sunshower)
    Let Me Drown
    Outshined
    Show Me How To Live
    You Know My Name
    No Such Thing
    The House of the Rising Sun /Billie Jean
    Be Yourself
    Hunger Strike
    Spoonman

Chris acoustic solo set (not in order)

Getaway Car
    Call Me A Dog
    Preaching To The End Of The World
    I Am The Highway
    Like a Stone

Doesn't Remind Me
    Cochise
    Loud Love
    Arms Around Your Love
    Fell on Black Days
    Black Hole Sun
    What You Are
    Rusty Cage

Encore:
    Seasons/In My Time of Dying
    Burden In My Hand
    Can't Change Me
    Slaves and Bulldozers/ drum solo -> more samba/ not sure/ Searching With My Good Eye Closed/ 4th of July/ The End/ Whole Lotta Love

and this is the setlist from the previous night in Rio (I was there too)

Silence the Voices
    Original Fire
    No Such Thing
    Outshined
    Show Me How To Live
    Hunger Strike
    Be Yourself
    Spoonman

Chris' solo acoustic set (not in order)

Call Me a Dog
    Finally Forever
    Getaway Car
    Billie Jean
    Wide Awake
    Like A Stone

Doesn't Remind Me
    Cochise
    Pushin' Forward Back
    Slow Jesus Chris Pose intro / Arms Around Your Love
    You Know My Name
    Fell On Black Days
    Black Hole Sun
    What You Are
    Rusty Cage

encore:
    Can't Change Me
    Burden In My Hand
    Sunshower
    Slaves And Bulldozers/ Drum solo -> samba /Searching With My Good Eye Closed/ 4th of July/ Like Suicide/ The End (The Doors)/ Whole Lotta Love (Led Zeppelin)
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • locked wrote:
    Seasons (A-slave) /In My Time Of Dying(Led Zep cover)
    Slaves & Bulldozers/Drum Solo/4th of July (SG)/
    Whole Lotta Love (Led Zep cover)
    Seasons is Chris solo. It's from the Singles soundtrack which also has State Of Love And Trust and Breath and loads of other great stuff.
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Noooooooooooo! :eek: I nearly swallowed my tongue over here. GETAWAY CAR?!?!?
    Am I actually reading this?? *tears* Oh man. I'm honestly choked up over here. What a dream!!! Here is it! *reminds self to breathe* Wow. I cant even...... :o

Um and tagged on some Searching With My Good Eye Closed? :eek: Are you kidding me?!?! Ok these setlists are complete chaos! I can hardly even react anymore. They're just straight up paralyzing!! Looooovin The End tag as well. I got to experience that one the first time he busted it out and was completely beside myself. Damn Chris! He just keeps on taking it all to even greater levels. Un-real!

Marie Curie, congrats on not only some of the most kick ass setlists ever...but a million congrats on meeting THE VOICE himself!!!!! I would love to hear about your experience sometime. :)

Oh and locked, AMEN to a DVD and AMEN the title of this thread.
    ;)

I need to go gawk over these sets some more....
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Duder5kDuder5k Posts: 278
    No, I'd rather whine like a little girl over jeans.

Just kidding. Those setlists look pretty fucking awesome. Too bad I haven't been able to find any recent CC shows online anywhere...
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Yeah, you really can't go wrong with a setlist full of his older songs. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • VortexVortex Posts: 8,772
    Well, i saw him last saturday in Buenos Aires and after the end of the show i was a bit disillusioned because of the short set list. Just 90 minutes, shortest show of the whole tour maybe? It was my first Chris Cornell show by the way.

Glad that he did better shows in Chile and Brazil.

It was not a great show although all my friends really enjoyed it. I know that it´s not like an official dvd but i taped it, will upload it in the next weeks.

Marie Curie: Congrats! :) i would love to hear (read :p) about your experience too, i went to the hotel he was staying in last friday but had no luck.
    If you follow every dream
    You might get lost
    Vortex wrote:
    Well, i saw him last saturday in Buenos Aires and after the end of the show i was a bit disillusioned because of the short set list. Just 90 minutes, shortest show of the whole tour maybe? It was my first Chris Cornell show by the way.

Glad that he did better shows in Chile and Brazil.

It was not a great show although all my friends really enjoyed it. I know that it´s not like an official dvd but i taped it, will upload it in the next weeks.

Marie Curie: Congrats! :) i would love to hear (read :p) about your experience too, i went to the hotel he was staying in last friday but had no luck.

Are you Damian's friend? He told me you were going to come from Uruguay to tape the concert. Thanks for taping!

About my experience, I'm on the street team, so that's how I got in the Meet n Greet. The stream team however, told me that there wasn't going to be a Meet n Greet, just a couple of free tix, that were worthless because I had already bought mine. Anyway, so I invite 2 friends of mine to give them the free tix. When I arrive at the venue, they tell me that I'm supposed to get the tix on the guest will call. But the guest will call would only open after they open the doors of the venue. Because I wanted to secure a nice spot in the floor, I gave my ID to these friends of mine, so they could try to get the free tix. Over 30 min later, i'm already in the venue, they call me telling that they made it in and there was something else with the tix: backstage passes...

I'm the tall skinny one looking like a complete idiot on the left
    http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/7076/dsc01519or2.jpg

stuff that I got:

Rio setlist:
    http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/4536/dsc01493ax8.jpg

São Paulo setlist, guitar pick I got on Rio, signed ticket stub and backstage pass:
    http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/2999/dsc01521bi3.jpg
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • VortexVortex Posts: 8,772
    Are you Damian's friend? He told me you were going to come from Uruguay to tape the concert. Thanks for taping!

About my experience, I'm on the street team, so that's how I got in the Meet n Greet. The stream team however, told me that there wasn't going to be a Meet n Greet, just a couple of free tax, that were worthless because I had already bought mine. Anyway, so I invite 2 friends of mine to give them the free tax. When I arrive at the venue, they tell me that I'm supposed to get the tax on the guest will call. But the guest will call would only open after they open the doors of the venue. Because I wanted to secure a nice spot in the floor, I gave my ID to these friends of mine, so they could try to get the free tax. Over 30 min later, I'm already in the venue, they call me telling that they made it in and there was something else with the tax: backstage passes...

I'm the tall skinny one looking like a complete idiot on the left
    http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/7076/dsc01519or2.jpg

stuff that I got:

Rio setlist:
    http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/4536/dsc01493ax8.jpg

São Paulo setlist, guitar pick I got on Rio, signed ticket stub and backstage pass:
    http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/2999/dsc01521bi3.jpg

I am his friend. I´m amazed, if i´m not wrong Damian has no user on this board and everyone knows him :) He´s a really great guy.

Thanks for sharing your story. Don´t worry, you don´t look bad on the picture. Keep in mind that it was not a photo session which you can pick the best of 20 pictures. ;) It´s just a picture to have as a memory of that moment, it´s better than nothing. :)
    If you follow every dream
    You might get lost
  • Duder5kDuder5k Posts: 278
    Lucky you. Have you found any recent CC shows circulating though? Because I think you uploaded one of his '07 shows not too long ago.
    Duder5k wrote:
    Lucky you. Have you found any recent CC shows circulating though? Because I think you uploaded one of his '07 shows not too long ago.

I haven't. But Vortex taped the Buenos Aires show, so we should have something soon.
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • Duder5k wrote:

I have a few 2007 shows - let me know if you want any of these.
    Some are horrible quality, though....

Berlin 5-20-2007
    Chicago 4-11-2007 (Horrible quality - almost unlistenable)
    Dallas HOB 10-30-2007
    Denver 11-20-2007
    Helsinki 8-29-2007
    KROQ Kevin and Bean March 2007
    KROQ LA Invasion 9-15-2007
    London Astoria (2 sources) 5-16-2007
    Milano 5-24-2007
    Milwaukee 7-17-2007
    Minneapolis 4-08-2007
    Paris 5-15-2007
    Seattle 5-08-2007
    Seattle 10-03-2007
  • BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    Great setlist at both Chile and Brazil
    The show in Buenos Aires was shorter (I believe this was the organizer's doing) but nevertheless, Cornell sounded amazing.

As Rony (Vortex) said, he taped the show. I've heard a few of the songs, and the quality is very good.
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • sunshine10 wrote:

Woah. Wait. There are TWO sources for the Astoria gig? If one's better than the one I have I MUST hear it! Thanks in advance!
  • Thanks, Marie for sharing your experience. The man looks awesome...I love the long hair. He's got his grungy look back!!!
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    sunshine10 wrote:

Berlin 5-20-2007
    Dallas HOB 10-30-2007
    Denver 11-20-2007
    Helsinki 8-29-2007
    Milano 5-24-2007
    Milwaukee 7-17-2007
    Minneapolis 4-08-2007
    Paris 5-15-2007
    Seattle 5-08-2007
    Seattle 10-03-2007

which ones have good sound quality (thanks for posting BTW!)
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
    I haven't. But Vortex taped the Buenos Aires show, so we should have something soon.

Marie, can I be you for one day???
    Really!

(in my best Mike Meyers) "I'm not worthy..!!!!

Holy Jesus!

can't wait for this boot too..

seems like the whole board is sleeping through what is an epic tour for "the Voice"..!

The last time he came back to Boston (Bank Pavillion show)
    I wanted to freeze time while he was singing "Say hello to Heaven"...

It was one of those "I can't beleive I am seeing/ hearing this." moments..

with empty seats around me (WTF?)
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
    sunshine10 wrote:

Berlin 5-20-2007
    Dallas HOB 10-30-2007
    Denver 11-20-2007
    Helsinki 8-29-2007
    Milano 5-24-2007
    Milwaukee 7-17-2007
    Minneapolis 4-08-2007
    Paris 5-15-2007
    Seattle 5-08-2007
    Seattle 10-03-2007

any chance you can post the good quality shows like the SG thread?
    That would be awesome!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • What a setlist! What a guy. :)
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Woah. Wait. There are TWO sources for the Astoria gig? If one's better than the one I have I MUST hear it! Thanks in advance!

I second this ... would love to hear the other source I only have one.

He must come back to the UK :o
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    Saw him in Birmingham last year, and he was awesome! Only one comment though...a lot of the Audioslave songs he plays are some of the weakest ones (also the ones released as singles, so I get why).

I listened to Revelations a lot towards the end of last year, and it's a really good album. IMO Original Fire is by FAR the weakest song on it...I would seriously have loved to hear Wide Awake, and i'm glad it showed up on a setlist. Also Be Yourself and Like A Stone are pretty much throw away songs for me...I just find it a little frustrating that there is a lot of great Audioslave material going untapped.

Still love most of what he has done though. :)
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    He's a god. I saw him with Soundgarden in 1992, and Audioslave about 3 years back. He's the man. In the Audioslave gig he threw in a few acoustic numbers..Black hole sun and Call me a dog...I was in extasy!!!! And when they played Killing in the name, Jeez, the roof nearly came of that CIA place!
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • webberf1webberf1 Posts: 160
    has Chris EVER played The Last Remaining Light? I read all these setlists and ive never seen it, but its one of the greatest songs he's ever written and its a shame its not played more.
  • Here's the best quality London Astoria show:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5T2TO5AJ

I forgot to mention that this is the version with the complete Slaves and Bulldozers. The other version cuts off....
    The other one I have is worse quality, and different talkers during the show, but I can upload it eventually if anyone wants it.

I also uploaded the Paris Showcase for someone else, if anyone is interested in that. It's probably floating around here somewhere, so sorry if it's a double post.
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EB7CL7PE

I'll work on uploading some of the other, better quality shows over the next few weeks....
  • Buenos Aires Proshot DVD is on Dimeadozen.org right now if you belong to it.
    It's great quality!!!
    "Formerly Known as Lov2rok"
  • gibbitsgibbits Posts: 507
    Are you telling me he is playing Ty Cobb live?!
  • gibbits wrote:
    Are you telling me he is playing Ty Cobb live?!

Oh yes he is! He played it last time I saw him in London a few months ago, and it was fucking awesome!

Here's a nice pro-shot Slaves and Bulldozers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2I-aw8XVO0

Check out Jason Sutter on the drums, the guy is a fucking animal!
  • webberf1webberf1 Posts: 160
    webberf1 wrote:
    has Chris EVER played The Last Remaining Light? I read all these setlists and ive never seen it, but its one of the greatest songs he's ever written and its a shame its not played more.
    anyone know?
  • webberf1 wrote:
    anyone know?

Doesn't look like it. Someone over on the CC board is keeping track of all the songs played on this tour:

http://www.chriscornell.com/boards/default.aspx?cid=292&tid=191679
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Hold the phone.

He covered Atlantic City? THE BOSS'S Atlantic City? Oh man.... I NEED to hear this if it's out there...
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • haha hold the phone

that sounds like a pretty amazing concert are there any good boots from any of his stops?