any Evanescence Fans ?

lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
edited April 2007 in Other Music
I don't know what rock I've been living under but I just discovered how great this band (and the lead singer- Amy Lee) has been on their last three cd's..

I hear their live show is amazing as well..

Could you imagine a duet between Amy Lee and Vedder?

http://evanescence.com/video.asp
"This here's a REQUEST!"
EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
10/25/13 Hartford
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    locked wrote:
    I'm sorry to turn the thread in a negative direction, but God no! She's so overdramatic in my opinion and she sings like she's in the opera. I was very cross after seeing their cover of Zero. The band nailed it (maybe a little fast) but Amy Lee...... :mad:
    Just not my cup of tea.

No Vedder/Lee duets please ;)
  • bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    No.
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    I can respect them for doing what they're doing, and writing a few catchy songs, but that line where that guy is screaming "WAKE ME UP" (or something) just seems like old likin park to me...gets on my nerves. Eddie NO!
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • funny, I started writing a post earlier today, saying how dissappointed I am hearing a whole album for the first time. Fallen - its alright. Her vioce is awesome but I'd like to hear it doing more. Seems like she does the same thing on most songs. and the nu-metal thing..... just gets kinda boring to me. it would be great to hear her do more rock-type stuff.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    danny72688 wrote:
    She's so overdramatic

not an opinion, that's a fact...

we get the point amy

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    Yes ,ok some may kill me over here,but i think it would be cool
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Kill me now.
  • ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    Kill me now.
    ?????
  • danny72688 wrote:
    I'm sorry to turn the thread in a negative direction, but God no! She's so overdramatic in my opinion and she sings like she's in the opera. I was very cross after seeing their cover of Zero. The band nailed it (maybe a little fast) but Amy Lee...... :mad:
    Just not my cup of tea.

Agree. It's rock music not a fucking Opera.
  • imspinninimspinnin Posts: 933
    Geesh what a bunch of downer's :rolleyes:
    All I gotta say Fuckin' awsome!!
    The drummer is insane:eek: :D
    Amy can sing, God graced her with a diamond edition voice box!!
    If your judging them by "Wake me up inside" that's like judging Blues Traveler with "run Around", or Pearl Jam with "Last Kiss".
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • imspinninimspinnin Posts: 933
    On Demand you can watch KoRn Unplugged and Amy gives "Freak on a Least" a perfect sexy, sultry sound.
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • caifan82caifan82 Posts: 321
    I'm a fan of all their pre-Fallen stuff (mostly demos). They are awesome songs, where they didn't use distorted guitars every second.
    Fallen is just ok.
    But I kinda like their latest CD, it's pretty good.

And Amy singing Opera? No way... go listen to Nightwish, now that's an opera voice with metal music.
    Mexico City - July 17th 2003
    Mexico City - July 18th 2003
    Mexico City - July 19th 2003
    Monterrey - December 7th 2005
    Mexico City - December 9th 2005
    Mexico City - December 10th 2005
    Mexico City - November 24th 2011
  • DELETEDDELETED Posts: 421
    locked wrote:

I didn't need to read that.
  • danny72688 wrote:
    Just not my cup of tea.

I'll second that danny. One of the many totally overated bands. The only good duet in history is Bradley Nowell and Gwen Stefanni "I saw red". Every other duet is pure cheese.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • SLH916SLH916 Posts: 132
    For anyone who is actually an Evanescence fan, is it just me or does Linkin Park's new album sound an awful lot like Evanescence?
  • DELETEDDELETED Posts: 421