Last Shadow Puppets

fadafada Posts: 1,032
edited April 2008 in Other Music
Anyone get the new album by the the side project of Alex Turner ( of the arctic monkeys and Miles Kane ( the Rascals)?

I gave it a few listens over the weekend and I have to say that its a brillant record. Alex Turner seems to have a touch of magic about him and what a hell of a lyricist
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    indeed a good record
    you know they did a couple of secret shows in NYC? I didnt find out until after

but where are the monkeys? no tour, no record
    thougt for sure they would be on the road this summer-bummer.
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    They should have a new album out by the end of year.

Alot of gems bar the single I love "Standing next to me", "My Mistakes were made", "the time has come again" and "Meeting Place" are the real standout ones at the time being.

All the talk about the record was that they were listening to pre 70's Scott Walker but I hear alot of Tim Buckley sounding arrangements
    fada wrote:
    They should have a new album out by the end of year.

Alot of gems bar the single I love "Standing next to me", "My Mistakes were made", "the time has come again" and "Meeting Place" are the real standout ones at the time being.

All the talk about the record was that they were listening to pre 70's Scott Walker but I hear alot of Tim Buckley sounding arrangements

end of next year??? Thats a longer than usual break. And it was a short tour.
    Oh well.

Youve gone way over my head with your analysis, but thanks.
    Get_Right wrote:
    end of next year??? Thats a longer than usual break. And it was a short tour.
    Oh well.

Youve gone way over my head with your analysis, but thanks.

It should be just over a year or so since the last arctics release.
    fada wrote:
    It should be just over a year or so since the last arctics release.

Last April, 2007-its already been a year. Which is about how long the last gap was, and they toured less this time around.

No worries, I look forward to the next one. But it seems like they are just taking a break. Which is ok, but Im jonesing for new tunes!
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    fada wrote:
    Anyone get the new album by the the side project of Alex Turner ( of the arctic monkeys and Miles Kane ( the Rascals)?

I gave it a few listens over the weekend and I have to say that its a brillant record. Alex Turner seems to have a touch of magic about him and what a hell of a lyricist

that he is. that he is. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    I think that ALex wanted a newer sound on this record than the one he had with the arctic's . He could mix the next arctics album with a bit of both