What film ,adds or TV do for songs

fadafada Posts: 1,032
edited October 2007 in Other Music
Case in point Journey.
I have heard of the bands name without ever hearing a song.

Now that it was played in the last episode of Sopranos , it has become kind of cult song and was put back into the charts( not sure how it did before).

anyway I am always hearing it in nightclubs,the radio and a great version of it by a support band at the weekend. I have to say that I'm really liking the song
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    You mean 'Don't Stop Believing'?

It was a big hit when it came out I think, then Family Guy and The Sopranos made it more popular today. But yeah without those shows I wouldn't have heard the song.

Scrubs is a good show that's introduced me to a lot of good artists.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    people simply forgot the genius that is journey.......:D
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    Don't Stop Believing yeah that it. Only song I have heard by them
  • how have you not heard of Journey....they were huge in the 80's!!!

i'm sure you've heard journey songs, but just didn't know who it was..........Open Arms, Faithfully, Any Way You Want It, Who's Crying Now.......damn, I'm getting the urge to dust off the cassette!
    "It's all happening"
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    the best of cheesy american AOR. classic song.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Being a White Sox fan, we were blasted with "Don't Stop Believing" as it was the theme song for the 2005 championship run. Steve Perry even sang at the world series parade.

And who never heard of Journey, I had the Journey atari game back in the day. Good times
    Bob Loblaw's Law Blog: "Why should YOU go to jail for a crime someone else noticed?"