Living in a Material World

fadafada Posts: 1,032
edited May 2008 in Other Music
It is widely regarded that "all things must pass" is regarded as George's best album but having listene to this album lately I would have to rate it as good as his first solo effort. I think that he was kind of discouraging the wealth and fame of the era and the media took a dislike to it but the album for me backs up what quality songs George writes.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i love both records and everything george does, but all things must pass is my favorite of his and i think its his best. material is still great though. george doesnt get enough credit for anything.
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    How people haven't heard the beauty of "Who Can See It " is beyond me.
  • Evacuation RulesEvacuation Rules Posts: 2,162
    It's a wonderful album but it's kind of a downer which is why it wasn't too well received...lots of slow, whiney stuff.

...and the new remaster of LITMW sounds wonderful, unlike the remaster of ATMP which is terrible.
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    But there is some beautiful material on it.

A forgotten gem of the 70's
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    I saw the title and thought

" Madonna or The Police ? "
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Materi oh oh al....
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    I saw the title and thought

" Madonna or The Police ? "

same

what/who are they talking about?
  • I'm in the minority here, because I think most of Harrison's solo output is bloody useless. However, my brother gave me his copy of Living in the Material World (1973), in about 1980, and I quite liked it in places. I prefer it to All Things Must Pass, for sure.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,853
    Get_Right wrote:
    same

what/who are they talking about?

George Harrison
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    George Harrison

ahh thanks

I was afraid it was George Michael

;)