The Guillemots

fadafada Posts: 1,032
edited September 2006 in Other Music
Anyone hear of this great new band. Really catching lyrics and a real quality album. Some diverse musicians in that they have a Brazilian double bass player and a Canadian guitarist. "Trains to Brazil" is one of the songs of the year.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• floyd1975floyd1975 Posts: 1,350
    I like them a lot.
  • "madeup love song" is one of my favorite songs. i love their cd so much. glad to see that someone else has heard of them :)
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • I've heard of them a lot, "trains to brazil" is an awesome song!! I'll try to get their record
    Pearl Jam Mexico 2005, The greatest year ever!
    December 9, 10 - ESTA BIEN, ESTA BIEEEEEN!

www.myspace.com/clau_yellowled
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    I've heard of them a lot, "trains to brazil" is an awesome song!! I'll try to get their record
    You should definitely get it.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    I always thought that would make a great name for a band.............never heard of them until just now.......a Guillemot is a species of bird, that's how I know of the name.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    I saw them as a support act last year and the sound was awful made them painful to listen to so I have avoided them so far. Maybe I should give some of their recorded stuff a listen :confused:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?