Options

Neil Young Albums

fadafada Posts: 1,032
edited January 2006 in Other Music
I have Harvest and At the Gold Rush, what I would like to know is what other great album should I get of Youngs? Prefable from the 70's.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    niallniall Posts: 244
    Tonights the night and on the beach
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    get zuma...
  • Options
    HYLAHYLA Posts: 137
    Rust Never Sleeps.
  • Options
    I agree with HYLA, I think "Rust Never Sleeps" is his best album. You get the best of both worlds. The first half is all acoustic with my favorite Neil song, "Thrasher" and the second half is loud rock and roll with one of his greatest rock songs, "Powderfinger"
    "I'm a thief, and I dig it"
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I know it is not a proper album but Live Rust is a gret collection by Neil. If you don't have it i would suggest getting that next.

Otherwise the others have already stated the usual suspects

on the beach
    tonights the night
    rust never sleeps
    zuma

All great albums
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    swedeswede Posts: 558
    id go for on the beach next
  • Options
    I agree with HYLA, I think "Rust Never Sleeps" is his best album. You get the best of both worlds. The first half is all acoustic with my favorite Neil song, "Thrasher" and the second half is loud rock and roll with one of his greatest rock songs, "Powderfinger"

indeed. thrasher and powderfinger are absolutely brilliant...that's neil ! two of my personal faves, and yes, rust never sleeps is fantastic :D
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    this note's for you
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I'd go with Rust never sleeps.
    and I know you said you preferred Young's albums in the 70's, but I really like the 1995 Mirror ball album that was recorded with Pearl jam.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    My favourite Neil Young album is silver and gold, I also enjoyed the Greendale film.