Rod or the Faces?

fadafada Posts: 1,032
edited July 2008 in Other Music
Great song used for Tony B first killing.
Which or the above does it belong to?

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=jMgmsL_xFX8
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    My guess (and yes, I am guessing - not for sure) is that it is the Faces. An "early sound" I guess is what leads me to that guess.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    I was half thinking that myself
  • who's_pearljam?who's_pearljam? Posts: 2,104
    Faces - Bad n Ruin. I recognized that right off the bat. I'd recognize Ronnie Wood's slide guitar even if was made of a toilet seat! :D :

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=yG4VvlznDI0
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    fada wrote:
    Great song. I have a nod is as good as a wink

Great album!
    "Five guys walk into a bar" is a great collection of falling down drunk/ ragged/ rocking bar music! Faces at their worst, which is the best! :D

It's great fun to listen to that stuff!
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

Aren't The Faces reuniting or something? I heard everyone is up for it apart from Stewart. Wonder if that will effect the Stones?
  • hoopinmanhoopinman Posts: 294
    there has been SERIOUS talks about the Faces getting together.....Ian McClagen and Ronnie Wood are pushing for it..I see Ian and his band all the time in Austin,Tx(he has lived in Austin for years) and hes talked about it here and there.

Its too bad Ronnie Lane wont be there for the reunion if it happens
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    Stewart shoud do it
  • If Rod won't do it, they should get Izzy Stradlin to sing. Perfect voice, McLagan worked with him on a few solo albums, and they could do Take A Look At The Man from Izzy's first solo album. :D
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    I went to see Rod last year and it was an amazing show with no opening act and an in-the-round stage set up. Of course he has those "do ya think I'm sexy" moments but the dude has produced some damn good music.
    Given a choice, though, the Faces are more my cup of tea...I would love to see a reunion! Like someone else said...they made some of the best falling down drunk, don't give a fuck music ever. Just bad ass rock'n'roll
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all