An Album that should get alot more Respect

fadafada Posts: 1,032
edited August 2006 in Other Music
13%20LET%20IT%20BE.JPG

Christ man they are some amazing songs on it. Never mentioned in the small breath as any of the others.

1. Two Of Us
2. Dig A Pony
3. Across The Universe
4. I Me Mine
5. Dig It
6. Let It Be
7. Maggie Mae
8. I've Got A Feeling
9. One After 909
10. The Long And Winding Road
11. For You Blue
12. Get Back

the fillers of "dig it" and "maggie mae" i like
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    True. Brilliant album. I particularly love Across the Universe.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • NakedClownNakedClown Posts: 545
    Yeah... that band never gets any respect...

(can someone help me extract my tongue from my cheek?)
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Well, compared to all their other albums, Let it Be isn't the greatest. Songs are half-done (Maggie Mae is unfinished), and the band hated each other at the time and knew they were headed for a break up. They managed to pull themselves together for an incredible last album because they wanted to go out with a bang (Abby Road).

But all that said, I still think it's great. :)
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    it gets alot of respect from me. i love love love for you blue and i dig a pony.
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    Jeanwah wrote:
    Well, compared to all their other albums, Let it Be isn't the greatest. Songs are half-done (Maggie Mae is unfinished), and the band hated each other at the time and knew they were headed for a break up. They managed to pull themselves together for an incredible last album because they wanted to go out with a bang (Abby Road).

But all that said, I still think it's great. :)

Not sure about half done. Sure from watching let it be on your tube , you can see the different form Maggie MAe has.
    Across the Universe was a throw away track at first(given I think to a wildlife project album in 68) too good to be given away. I've got a feeling is some rocker. I love the vibe of For your blue
  • Excellent album with some excellent songs. For some reason I have never liked One After 909 though. I Me Mine is probably my favorite of the album. I have always thought George was under appreciated by Lennon and McCartney. He songs on he wrote for Beatles albums were great songs.
    I will scream my lungs out till it fills this room.
    The version of one after 909 is better in its form on antology one.
  • "Two Of Us" is the Beatles best album opener. My only complaint is that "Don't Let Me Down" was left off the album. Such a great song. And I don't understand why Paul has such a problem with the production on LAWR, I think the orchestra only adds to the emotion of it.
    "I'm a thief, and I dig it"
    "Two Of Us" is the Beatles best album opener. My only complaint is that "Don't Let Me Down" was left off the album. Such a great song. And I don't understand why Paul has such a problem with the production on LAWR, I think the orchestra only adds to the emotion of it.
    That the problem he has, he wanted it stripped down and the fact that there is female singers on it.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,148
    this is the worst beatles album. the songs themselves may sound great but this isnt even really an album- it was songs left over after they broke up thrown together.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    it gets plenty of respect. and it's their weakest effort. name a beatles record that's weaker.
  • karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    NakedClown wrote:
    Yeah... that band never gets any respect...

(can someone help me extract my tongue from my cheek?)

Hahahahaha:D

It is a very nice album.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • brain of c wrote:
    it gets plenty of respect. and it's their weakest effort. name a beatles record that's weaker.

Beatles For Sale (It's just strange that Paul doesn't get a song until the 5 song, and it just sounds like John's trying too hard to immitate Dylan)
    Sgt. Pepper's (I'm am gonna get banned for this but I find this to be one of their weaker efforts besides of the "a head of it's time" concept and production
    "I'm a thief, and I dig it"
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    Beatles For Sale
    Sgt. Pepper's (I'm am gonna get banned for this but I find this to be one of their weaker efforts besides of the (a head of it's time concept and production)

official releases.......america does not count.......disregarding how much i love and miss the stateside records

and both of your examples trounce let it be.......if let it be ever plays in a one dollar theatre spend the money.......
  • alobaralobar Posts: 310
    I love love love "I've Got a Feeling." It's just classic Lennon shooting from the hip.
    "I wanna believe in the mercy of the world again."

WAR + MAGIC BEANS = PEACE
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    I Me Mine is my favorite.
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    alobar wrote:
    I love love love "I've Got a Feeling." It's just classic Lennon shooting from the hip.

Because I always though of "I've got a feeling" of more of a McCartney song than Lennon, I looked it up. Pretty interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I've_Got_a_Feeling
  • alobaralobar Posts: 310
    Jeanwah wrote:
    Because I always though of "I've got a feeling" of more of a McCartney song than Lennon, I looked it up. Pretty interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I've_Got_a_Feeling

oh, thanks for clearing that up for me. I did not know that.
    "I wanna believe in the mercy of the world again."

WAR + MAGIC BEANS = PEACE