The Easybeats

fadafada Posts: 1,032
edited January 2008 in Other Music
I know little of the band bar "friday on my mind" but this is one hell of a song. I remember hearing it and was thinking is That Steve Marriott?

One hell of a backing vocal.
http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=cNiY0siZY3Y
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• fadafada Posts: 1,032
    anyone ever hear the song?
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    Only know a couple of their songs, really only know them cos of the ac/dc connection.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    jamie uk wrote:
    Only know a couple of their songs, really only know them cos of the ac/dc connection.

figures. :rolleyes: :p
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    fada wrote:
    I know little of the band bar "friday on my mind" but this is one hell of a song. I remember hearing it and was thinking is That Steve Marriott?

One hell of a backing vocal.
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=cNiY0siZY3Y

the singer, stevie wright, is the reason i listen to rock music. when i was 9 i heard him sing 'evie' and from that moment on i was gone gone gone.

but yeah all australians worth their convict salt know the easybeats. :D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • I just heard this song on Sirius this moring, I have always loved it. It was strange to see it mentioned here.
    the whole world will be different soon
    the whole world will be relieved
  • The Easybeats were probably the top Australian band of the late 60's, although ironically I am pretty sure that none of them were actually born in Australia but were instead from immigrant families. "Friday on My Mind" was their most successful song but "She's So Fine", "Wedding Ring" and a number of other songs were pretty good and successful as well. Bowie does a good version of "Friday on My Mind" on his Pin-Ups album.
    Rhythm guitarist George Young is probably best known for being brother to Malcolm and of course Angus of AC/DC fame.
    Lead singer Stevie Wright had some success with Evie (Parts 1, 2 and 3) but has struggled with drug and other issues over the years, and this was proabably not helped by some of the "cures" that were attempted such as electroshock therapy.

Hope this adds something. There were a few anthologies or best of's on vinyl but not sure what is around on CD. If you find any it's worth the effort.
    Now I'm livin' out here on the beach,
    but those seagulls are still out of reach.
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    What album of theirs should I get?