Options

What ever Happened to These Musicians

fadafada Posts: 1,032
edited April 2006 in Other Music
Firstly I'll start with VH1 "Bands on the Run".
I thought that it was a very good show. What I wanted to know is what happened to the bands. I got my aunt to get me the Flickerstick Album in the states. I taught that it was very good . I see that they have a follow up (which I haven't got) . How have they done in the States?
Does anyone know anything about the other bands in the show?

Any update on any of the singers on Rock Star INXS?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Flickerstick played in Nashville last night...a few guys have left the band...the drummer I believe...I don't keep up with them a lot, but I check out their website from time to time.

INXS played Nashville last Saturday.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    that first flickerstick album was pretty great i think. i loved that show. never heard their followup, but they tour now and again. i saw them in columbus and they were ok. their sound was fucked up though, all you could hear was drum and bass... none of the great guitar leads or vocals.

i also went abroad with a girl who used to date their lead singer. that was kind of an odd crossing of paths.
  • Options
    Any inside stories.
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Got a Feeling, Coke and Beautiful are great tracks...I've got that first one as well.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    clayton12clayton12 Athens, GA Posts: 322
    i love flickerstick, their last album was called tarantula and it was/is amazing. please check it out. they have a new dummer and guitarist and they are back touring.
  • Options
    How have there albums sold in the States?
  • Options
    clayton12clayton12 Athens, GA Posts: 322
    not well. they signed to epic and like a lot of bands got pushed to the side with promotion and eventually got let go. They are now on an indepedent label out of dallas. these guys should be huge
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    What ever happened to Men at Work? Remember they ha that song - Land Down Under :D
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    What ever happened to Men at Work? Remember they ha that song - Land Down Under :D

not sure if they're still making music....i don't think they are. i think yothu yindi (another aussie act) still make music.
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?