Duffy

fadafada Posts: 1,032
edited March 2008 in Other Music
Has anyone got her new album yet? I have to say its very good and what a song "Rockferry" is.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• who is that?
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    New soul singer from Wales
  • Are you her?
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Ive seen the ad for her album on tv.Not to sure about it.Dont know anything about her and wonder if she's being promoted as an Amy Winohouse antidote.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Are you her?

LOL! She's number one in both the album and singles charts here in the UK at the moment, she's pretty damn famous! She's got a vaguely similar vibe to Amy Winehouse, in that her music has a similar retro vibe to it, and she has a very striking voice. I've not heard the album, but I quite like the single she has out.
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Oh and I hate to hi-jack a thread, but it may appeal to fans of Duffy..... I just heard this song by Adele, who seems to be being promoted as a new-soul singer along with Duffy, I guesss again it's becasue of the smokey kind of vocals.

Anyway the song is called Hometown Glory, it's got a really haunting and beautiful piano melody running thoughout it, check it out people:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zr0cLz9QKVQ
  • PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    stargirl69 wrote:
    she's being promoted as an Amy Winohouse antidote.
    BINGO!

Amy is too high on drugs so they're bringing in a cleancut replacement. Anyone can see through the shoddy marketting. If Duffy wasn't doing so well I'd almost feel sorry for her, she seems to be nothing more than a pawn for the record label.
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    Duffy's album is well worth getting