Oxegen

fadafada Posts: 1,032
edited July 2006 in Other Music
Headed off at 7 on Saturday morning(only there for Saturday). Got the park and ride in from Goff's.
got in about 11 o'clock. Anyway no drink to be had until two o clock.
Marshalls were alright. A big like Jet.
Went to the Pet Sounds tent and saw some American band( not sure of their name little Willow i think) . Alright. Mellow acoustic numbers.
When that finished I went out and I was in my t-shirt and went to Green Room. There was some fella on from the north. Very good. He did a great cover of Another Brick in the Wall.
Went to see the Spinto Band. good enough. Had this very excitable bass player.

The rain started to fall , as I got my first pint of the day. I went looking for a coat. Got one . Pissing at this stage. I stayed in the first pit of the Main stage from around 4 on.
Damien Dempsey was very good . Never liked him that much into him (as he is such a right Jackién) but he put on some performance.
By this stage I was drowned. My hands were turning blue. I'd say that I was shivering for about 2 or 3 hours with the cold.
Magic Numbers were very good.
Hard Fi. Lead singer off his tits.He had this right Cockney accent. I thought that there were a bit shite.The lead singer was getting booed.
This stupid bastard behind me puked. I got a little spatter on the back of my jeans. I hate not the energy to wipe it off.
I was a certain candidate for pneumonia. I didn't stop raining until the Who gave on.
Arctic Monkeys were amazing. The band to follow Oasis mantle. Great performance. I hate the fucking ape's starting moss pits.
the strokes were great too. Played "New York City Cops".
Julian lid down on the ground singing one song.He was just lying down on the mud.
The Who proved what I knew all along that in their prime they were the greatest live band of all time.
I know that they are passed it now but They still put on some performance.
"I can 't explain, the seeker, my generation., baba Reilly etc.
Pete Townshend's wind mills and stage jumps were out in force.His son (I think) was playing rhythm .He was the head off him.
Brillant version Of pinball wizard, sparks , see me feel me.
I fucked off home after them, I was wet and weary as I head up the mud bath.What the fuck was it like to camp in the place?

Comments

• stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Sounds like a typical festival to me! Rain and mud! LOL

Glad you enjoyed yourself and that the Who rocked :D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    I enjoyed it after I stopped shivering. My coat was drowned as was my t-shirt. There was water dripping down my chest. Why didn't I buy a plastic mac?
  • Carlos DCarlos D Posts: 638
    The campsite was full of scumbags,some of them tried to light our tent on fire.Regardless thugh,it was a great weekend.The Strokes,Franz Ferdinand,Chilis,Who,Kaiser Chiefs etc. were amazing.Was there something wrong with the sound when Hard -FI were on?It was really funny cos there was all these images of people getting blown up and he was making all wierd noises and it looked like they were promoting terrorism or something.Great weekend nonetheless....
    It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
    But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
    The lead singer of Hard Fi was just out of his head on drugs. the crowd were pissed off big time with him. They had problems with the drum mikes early on.the already irrated lead singer threw his mike stand on the ground about eight times . His roadie must have being going crazy with him.
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    fada wrote:
    Headed off at 7 on Saturday morning(only there for Saturday). Got the park and ride in from Goff's.
    got in about 11 o'clock. Anyway no drink to be had until two o clock.
    Marshalls were alright. A big like Jet.
    Went to the Pet Sounds tent and saw some American band( not sure of their name little Willow i think) . Alright. Mellow acoustic numbers.
    When that finished I went out and I was in my t-shirt and went to Green Room. There was some fella on from the north. Very good. He did a great cover of Another Brick in the Wall.
    Went to see the Spinto Band. good enough. Had this very excitable bass player.

The rain started to fall , as I got my first pint of the day. I went looking for a coat. Got one . Pissing at this stage. I stayed in the first pit of the Main stage from around 4 on.
    Damien Dempsey was very good . Never liked him that much into him (as he is such a right Jackién) but he put on some performance.
    By this stage I was drowned. My hands were turning blue. I'd say that I was shivering for about 2 or 3 hours with the cold.
    Magic Numbers were very good.
    Hard Fi. Lead singer off his tits.He had this right Cockney accent. I thought that there were a bit shite.The lead singer was getting booed.
    This stupid bastard behind me puked. I got a little spatter on the back of my jeans. I hate not the energy to wipe it off.
    I was a certain candidate for pneumonia. I didn't stop raining until the Who gave on.
    Arctic Monkeys were amazing. The band to follow Oasis mantle. Great performance. I hate the fucking ape's starting moss pits.
    the strokes were great too. Played "New York City Cops".
    Julian lid down on the ground singing one song.He was just lying down on the mud.
    The Who proved what I knew all along that in their prime they were the greatest live band of all time.
    I know that they are passed it now but They still put on some performance.
    "I can 't explain, the seeker, my generation., baba Reilly etc.
    Pete Townshend's wind mills and stage jumps were out in force.His son (I think) was playing rhythm .He was the head off him.
    Brillant version Of pinball wizard, sparks , see me feel me.
    I fucked off home after them, I was wet and weary as I head up the mud bath.What the fuck was it like to camp in the place?

i enjoyed this review. long live the who!!
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • paddypaddy Posts: 104
    The missus and me were camping in campsite B. It was ok apart from the weather and some fucker who had off with my Jamaica flag. It was later recovered with very little violence.:)

All the raucus seemed to be in campsite A, riots and the like. We were lucky, though, with our positioning. We were surrounded by a group of lads from Bray who we got friendly with, and we all were looking out for other with the tents and drink and other substances.

I thought the highlights of the whole thing were The Spinto band and James Brown. The RHCP are going to have to call it a day soon, they were shite. Franz Ferdinand were meh, as were Kaiser chiefs, arctic monkeys and most other bands there.

An honourable mention must go to the Republic of Loose, a brilliant show.
    Hello, is there anybody in there?
    Spinto band sure are energitic. MAd bastards. Republic of Loose are brutal. Stayed well clear.
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    paddy wrote:
    All the raucus seemed to be in campsite A, riots and the like. We were lucky, though, with our positioning. We were surrounded by a group of lads from Bray who we got friendly with, and we all were looking out for other with the tents and drink and other substances.
    I was in A8 and I have to say it was pretty ok where we were. Like that, we also got chatting to all the lads around us. One of them helped us put our tent up and we helped another one put his up and we were all looking out for eachothers stuff. I think I may have been a bit scary though :D . Cos the lads had gone away and left one of their seats down and this fella came along and just picked it up and was walking off with it and I roared at him to put it down and he was like 'I'm just borrowing it' :mad: but I gave out to him and he left it. Then another fella punched my sisters tent :confused: and I shouted at him too and he actually ran :D . His friend was just laughing. :D

We'd two chairs robbed on us though :mad: and didn't get them back - fuckers! Also tents were being burned all over the place yesterday.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    Seriously honorable mention to Sigur Ros and Mano Chao :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Seriously honorable mention to Sigur Ros and Mano Chao :)
    I went to se Sigur Ros on the mention of a fellow Rmer. I have to say, I was dissappointed in them. I found them to be, well, monotonous. I didn't see Mano chao though. I was also let down by Ben Harper, just boring.:(

But seeing all the girlies running around in their knickers at the campsite soon took away the feelings of dissappointment.:)
    paddy wrote:
    I went to se Sigur Ros on the mention of a fellow Rmer. I have to say, I was dissappointed in them. I found them to be, well, monotonous. I didn't see Mano chao though. I was also let down by Ben Harper, just boring.:(

But seeing all the girlies running around in their knickers at the campsite soon took away the feelings of dissappointment.:)
    You didn't like them? :eek: I just thought they were amazing. Didn't like the way they didn't do an encore though cos the place erupted and everyone was going mental looking for more.

Mano Chao I'd heard very very little about... but they just happened to be on at 3pm when we were sitting around all chilled out and relaxed and just chatting and it was brilliant summery music for the background. Really made me wanna get up and dance. I didn't see Ben Harper. Didn't see the girlies in their underwear though :rolleyes: :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    I read this review, excellent! I'll be seeing you at the point, there are a lot of RMers going to that particular gig.
    paddy wrote:
    I read this review, excellent! I'll be seeing you at the point, there are a lot of RMers going to that particular gig.
    Lol, yeh, I was over there for a while and chatted to some of them. Can't wait for the point though. Apparently MTV are gonna be showing a lot of oxegen on the weekend of 29th and 30th July.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Hope to see alot of that. they is a few interviews from it at the oxegen website.