Just got Blind melon's self titled album

fadafada Posts: 1,032
edited December 2006 in Other Music
I have to say that it is a brillant album. Really suprised. I didn't realize that they were that good.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    they are that good.
  • Now go out and get soup. It is even better.
  • Now go out and get soup. It is even better.

Immensely better. As much as I love the first one...on Soup, everything seemed to come together.

Still...Change and I Wonder are two of my favorites.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • No No go GET "NICO" NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its Unbelievable, makes me angry at shannon everytime i listen to it , thinking how such a good artist is gone
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    was Blind Melon's last show (unfortunatley:( ) Played in Houston? I can't remember if they played Houston and then died on the tour bus on the way to new orleans?
    All help is appreciated, and yes, the debut album (self titled) is great. I love the song, "change"
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • SoupySoupy Posts: 171
    Great album, ermm never really liked 'soup' much though (despict my username) /sorry.
  • self titled album awesome, soup awesome, nico awesome/sad, damn i loved that band, cant believe its already been 11 years, i still remember that day :( not sure what this new singer is going to sound like, ive not listened yet, not sure if i want/can listen. you must get letters from a porcupine dvd if you have not seen it, it is a brilliant compilation of clips, interviews and songs, i have a little tear every time i see it, but thats just me ...
  • Peter CPeter C Posts: 237
    The track Soup on Nico is one of their best tracks i think,quality song.
    London 1996 Cardiff 2000 Paris 2006 and London 2007.
  • Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    Blind Melon s/t is one of my favorite albums of the 90's. That album kicks ass, as do the others...
  • I heard new singer of Blind Melon yesterday. I´m still surprised, kinda happy too. I think Warren will fit. He's not a replacement at all, he's different.

It's weird to hear Blind Melon again. I do not expect they become a sucess again, I'm afraid of most old fans will not approve, but I'll be glad to hear more of their music.

As pearljam_addiction I'm still a little angry when I hear old records, not with Shannon, but... I guess we shouldn't forget the other band members, they were the other half, we like it or not. Shannon was awesome, but they deserve to do what they feel it's right. When you've lost a person you really love in this world, the pain will be there forever maybe faded a little across time, but we have to wake up and go on, and remember with joy.

Also I believe, the kind of fans that makes people become idols, are the same that contribute to makes them fall. The media and the bussiness does the rest. So i do not blame Shannon at all.

Well I can continue talking for hours about this...

Buy all Blind Melon's albums, all great.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    fada wrote:
    I have to say that it is a brillant album. Really suprised. I didn't realize that they were that good.
    I felt exactly the same when I bought it. I also got it for 50p which made it even better. one of my favourite albums of all time. give some love for sleepyhouse!

"No time frame for what I need to do today,
    here at the yellow house,
    that that I'm gonna play
    with some free living lads down the street"
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Soup is even better.

Like WAY better.

Mindblowing group..
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • PJ-SinPJ-Sin Posts: 348
    wormie wrote:
    I'm afraid of most old fans will not approve, but I'll be glad to hear more of their music.

Im an old fan and cant wait to hear some new shit!!!!!!!
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    I'll get soup later on alright. I think that I got a loan of it in College.
  • fada wrote:

Indeed it is, as are the others. My all time favorite band...Er, I guess I have to start saying, the REAL Blind Melon is my favorite band of all time. :rolleyes:
    "Oh, a flower you are to my land..."
  • uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    get soup & nico, they'll blow your mind.
  • Er, I guess I have to start saying, the REAL Blind Melon is my favorite band of all time. :rolleyes:

Don't start with me. ;):D

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Don't start with me. ;):D

PBM

Ha. Seriously though, that's gonna get annoying. :p

...Curiosity got to me & I did force myself to watch the 'Harmful Belly' video. When it started & said "Blind Melon" & then Travis started singing I got tears in my eyes...& When he started singing 'Mouthful of Cavities' as he walked out the door I wanted to vomit. :D

They are not "Blind Melon." I am so sick of people saying "it's just a name." It's not just a name, I even got into it with Rogers (on the Melon board) who told me "Brad came up with the name." (Which I already knew & it holds no merit.) He seems pretty jerky for the record. It's not about the fucking name itself...it's about tarnishing the band. As it is now, they have 3 fucking amazing albums...Once they release something with the Melon name & not the original 5 members it will be forever changed & linked to that band.

Oh well, as much as it sucks, they've made up their minds & are going to do it. All I can do is not buy or listen to a damn thing they release.
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953

...Curiosity got to me & I did force myself to watch the 'Harmful Belly' video. When it started & said "Blind Melon" & then Travis started singing I got tears in my eyes...& When he started singing 'Mouthful of Cavities' as he walked out the door I wanted to vomit. :D

They are not "Blind Melon." I am so sick of people saying "it's just a name." It's not just a name, I even got into it with Rogers (on the Melon board) who told me "Brad came up with the name." (Which I already knew & it holds no merit.) He seems pretty jerky for the record. It's not about the fucking name itself...it's about tarnishing the band. As it is now, they have 3 fucking amazing albums...Once they release something with the Melon name & not the original 5 members it will be forever changed & linked to that band.

Oh well, as much as it sucks, they've made up their minds & are going to do it. All I can do is not buy or listen to a damn thing they release.

Just curious, but would you feel the same way if Alice in Chains put out a new record? It's totally cool if you do. I was skeptical about going to see them live with a new vocalist and so I didn't go. I heard I missed a great show. :( I know it's not the same, but the other guys from blind Melon are Blind melon. William Duvall from what I heard on the vids I saw sounded great, but he is no Layne. The AIC fans seem ok with this continuation, so it'd be interesting to see what Blind Melon fans think.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • uninnocent wrote:
    get soup & nico, they'll blow your mind.

Exactly...Soup is still one of my all time fav albums...just put in and press play...
    Master of Zen
  • red mos wrote:
    Just curious, but would you feel the same way if Alice in Chains put out a new record? It's totally cool if you do. I was skeptical about going to see them live with a new vocalist and so I didn't go. I heard I missed a great show. :( I know it's not the same, but the other guys from blind Melon are Blind melon. William Duvall from what I heard on the vids I saw sounded great, but he is no Layne. The AIC fans seem ok with this continuation, so it'd be interesting to see what Blind Melon fans think.

I absolutely would feel the same. I think it's wrong for them to tour under the AIC name as well...I'm not as passionate about it, as I am the Melon thing, cuz they aren't my fav. But I always liked AIC, & without Layne they aren't AIC & shouldn't label themselves as such. (I've heard the new guy is great, but I just don't get how any fan can go to a show & feel like they're actually watching AIC.) & Yes, the other guys are Blind Melon, but Travis is not. Blind Melon was Shannon, Rogers, Chris, Brad & Glen & that's the way it will always be to me. I don't understand how any diehard fan can accept it any other way...but that's just me.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    I absolutely would feel the same. I think it's wrong for them to tour under the AIC name as well...I'm not as passionate about it, as I am the Melon thing, cuz they aren't my fav. But I always liked AIC, & without Layne they aren't AIC & shouldn't label themselves as such. (I've heard the new guy is great, but I just don't get how any fan can go to a show & feel like they're actually watching AIC.) & Yes, the other guys are Blind Melon, but Travis is not. Blind Melon was Shannon, Rogers, Chris, Brad & Glen & that's the way it will always be to me. I don't understand how any diehard fan can accept it any other way...but that's just me.

the same way all of us pj fans accept that the pearl jam we saw this tour was still pearl jam, even though it wasnt ed, stone, mike, jeff, and dave.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202

They are not "Blind Melon." I am so sick of people saying "it's just a name." It's not just a name, I even got into it with Rogers (on the Melon board) who told me "Brad came up with the name." (Which I already knew & it holds no merit.) He seems pretty jerky for the record. It's not about the fucking name itself...it's about tarnishing the band.

wow, how self-righteous are you? rogers wants to do something with HIS band that you disagree with and he's "jerky." maybe he was annoyed at being hassled by some pathetic fanboy who think he should have more say in what blind melon does than its own members?

also... tarnishing? you havent even heard the album yet.
  • It's like if the Beatles lost Paul and half of John..

The heart and soul of the band is gone, but you've still got George, half of John, and not the worst drummer in the world. Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da. Life goes on and so does Blind Melon. Get used to it even if Travis sucks.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • the same way all of us pj fans accept that the pearl jam we saw this tour was still pearl jam, even though it wasnt ed, stone, mike, jeff, and dave.

Oh please, it's a little different than when a key member passes away than when things don't work out & they replace someone who was obviously replaceable. ;)
  • wow, how self-righteous are you? rogers wants to do something with HIS band that you disagree with and he's "jerky." maybe he was annoyed at being hassled by some pathetic fanboy who think he should have more say in what blind melon does than its own members?

also... tarnishing? you havent even heard the album yet.

Sorry, he was way too defensive...obviously trying to convince himself of something there. Also, while it's his band, I've loved & supported that band for what 14 years? I am damn well gonna give my opinion on the matter...he honestly can't be naive enough to think all fans would accept it. I refuse to change my view on the matter because someone tells me I should...fan or band member.