John Legend

fadafada Posts: 1,032
edited December 2006 in Other Music
I know that he worked with Kanye West(don't like his material) and so on but I heard "Ordinary People" and by god is that song great. Is it a one off or has he other great songs?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I loved this song too (mostly because I love crooner-style jazz, and it's a bit like that), but I'm afraid to say the rest seems to be pretty generic R&B/soul music. Plus he has to stick annoying hippety-hoppety drum machine on everything. I like Ordinary People because it's just piano.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    I had a feeling that it might happen. I detest the drum machine and sythn's as well. I think that the Kilers and U2 should stop using them.

Legend a one hit wonder so.
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I like Save Room - he has a beautiful voice.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • PaulJamPaulJam Posts: 163
    Yeah, Save Room is great classic soul. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMPjydwpMO4

He's no Stevie Wonder but he's got a good voice and a decent ear for a tune. Just stay away from the hip hop and over the top production.
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    yeah he should stay clear of hip hop when he can do stuff like these two songs
  • OttOtt Posts: 403
    I loved his last CD. This latest is really good, too. I wouldn't dare classify it as hip-hop. He is attempting to bring some soul back to popular music. He eschews common formulas to create a new sound. IMHO.

Ott
    'Give me some music; music, moody food/ of us that trade in love'
    -Shakespeare