The New Arctic Monkeys Album

fadafada Posts: 1,032
edited April 2007 in Other Music
While I'm on my only second or third listen Its a good album (can't really judge now) but what I have to say and know is that Alex Turner is one hell of a lyricist.
I really like "Do me a favour" which has this wonderful early sixties chord sounds on it.

Their single Brianstorm has four songs on it. I taught that there was a rule out that this couldn't happen anymore.
I don't really like the artwork on the new album and why again are there no lyrics on it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Housing JimHousing Jim Posts: 644
    I've listened to it through twice now.

On first listen I wasn;t too impressed with the first 4 tracks but from Flourescent Adolescent it becomes a pretty great record. and the first 4 sounded better the second time around.

Very Beatlesesque throughout i thought, I really like the moments of psychadelia on the album.

a pretty excellent sophomore effort is my judgement thus far :)
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    Not sure if its beatlesesque but a fine record none the less
  • CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    I had no idea they were releasing this in the US today, I heard the UK date a while back but I thought it would be delayed by a few months getting over to the US like Whatever.... was. What a nice surprise to see it being advertised this weekend, I will be picking it up this afternoon.
  • larslars Posts: 524
    they need to take a lesson in cool...like most british bands
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    No need for a lesson in cool