The Rollings Stones Rock and Roll Circus

fadafada Posts: 1,032
edited March 2007 in Other Music
I remember seeing and just wanted to know some things about it.
Who played after the Who?
What song did Marianne Faithful sing?
Was the guy on the voilin audible when playing with dirty Mac?
What was and is the point of Yoko Ono?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• * Taj Mahal (after the "orchestra" did some parping about)
    * Something Better (a song by Gerry Goffin and Barry Mann)
    * Ivry Gitlis
    * Er...
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    * Taj Mahal (after the "orchestra" did some parping about)
    * Something Better (a song by Gerry Goffin and Barry Mann)
    * Ivry Gitlis
    * Er...

Taj Mahal sounded very impressive. What were this band like?
  • mwachsmanmwachsman Posts: 474
    Yea, I have seen this a couple times on PBS the past week. I know Yoko never sounded good, but good lord I had to change the channel she was so bad. I know they were all on drugs, but how can anyone think it sounds good?

I liked Taj Mahal too. I was never a fan when I heard a small selection of his songs. I may have to revisit him.
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    The Who's "A quick one" was absolutely blistering, one of the best performances I've seen of them.

talk about a rock opera, that kicked the shit out of anything on Tommy
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,848
    the only part of this i've ever seen is Lennon doing Yer Blues with Clapton and Richards
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • This is an essential dvd for anyones collection - truly wonderful.

Yoko - who knows - it was the 60's - before she starts singing the violin blues jam is amazing....

For once the stones blow the socks off everyone it's my favourite ever stones performance...

Dirty Mac are the Mad Season of the 60's - it only happened once, and you wish it had continued for longer - but it just couldn't...
    Brainofdz wrote:
    The Who's "A quick one" was absolutely blistering, one of the best performances I've seen of them.

talk about a rock opera, that kicked the shit out of anything on Tommy
    IT also kicked the shite of the studio recording they did of the song. I love Pete sing at the end when he is going "Cello cello" and Roger comes in with the "yeah yeah forgiven"
    This is an essential dvd for anyones collection - truly wonderful.

Yoko - who knows - it was the 60's - before she starts singing the violin blues jam is amazing....

For once the stones blow the socks off everyone it's my favourite ever stones performance...

Dirty Mac are the Mad Season of the 60's - it only happened once, and you wish it had continued for longer - but it just couldn't...

but wasn't the violin inaudible for the most part