Golden Skans The Klaxons

fadafada Posts: 1,032
edited March 2007 in Other Music
they are a rave rock kind of band. I didn't like their first single but I have to say this song is fanastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAO1nadsrgQ
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    you didn't like Atlantis to interzone??! are you crazy :D anyway, I love golden skans.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • larslars Posts: 524
    fada wrote:
    they are a rave rock kind of band. I didn't like their first single but I have to say this song is fanastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAO1nadsrgQ
    yet another overhyped mediocre band with a one hit wonder that noone will remember in 5 years
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
    lars wrote:
    yet another overhyped mediocre band with a one hit wonder that noone will remember in 5 years
    have you listened to the album? don't judge them by the single. its easily the most straightforward, poppy song on the album. the rest is nearer to TV on the radio than any of the "new-rave" shit that they have been associated with (through their own choice admittedly). it's a pretty good album. they have been overhyped though. the british music press has an irritating way of totally ruining bands by doing that.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    have you listened to the album? don't judge them by the single. its easily the most straightforward, poppy song on the album. the rest is nearer to TV on the radio than any of the "new-rave" shit that they have been associated with (through their own choice admittedly). it's a pretty good album. they have been overhyped though. the british music press has an irritating way of totally ruining bands by doing that.

I haven't listened to the album because of the new rave tag and the fact that I didn't like the first single.
    Golden skans was a great single , the follow up isn't bad either
    fada wrote:
    I haven't listened to the album because of the new rave tag and the fact that I didn't like the first single.
    my response was to lars, not you :) but I guess it applies to you as well. the album is nothing like the single to be honest.
  • larslars Posts: 524
    fada wrote:
    I heard 4 songs....golden skans was the best tune and is pretty good...but the 3 other songs I heard weren´t special at all
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    my response was to lars, not you :) but I guess it applies to you as well. the album is nothing like the single to be honest.
    Is the rest of the album a mixture of styles or does it favour the new rave spectrum?
    fada wrote:
    Is the rest of the album a mixture of styles or does it favour the new rave spectrum?
    I guess you could label it that way if you wanted but to my ears that is doing it a disservice. I don't think it will change your life by any means but it has some interesting ideas. some of the tracks are even pretty prog-y, or as much as that kind of music can be.