New wilco album online!

felixfelix Posts: 19
edited May 2007 in Other Music
Sky Blue Sky streaming on http://www.wilcoworld.net, have a listen!
Sorry... i got nothing witty to say in the time allotted to me.

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• GeorgeinNYGeorgeinNY Posts: 113
    wow! thanks you just made my day, man
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Awesome - thanks! Gives me something to look forward to this afternoon.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I've had the album for about a month now and it is very chill/mellow and very very good.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    Wilco is playing on NPR's Prairie Home Companion now :)

tune in it is on for another 40 minutes
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • jhawk98jhawk98 Posts: 145
    There is zero filler on this album. Each song flows smoothly into the next, but they each stand on their own at the same time. My lord what a fantastic document of music. This band simply has no equal right now.

Can't wait to go pick up the real thing next week. It will be the official soundtrack of my summer.
    rock chalk
  • alpittalpitt Posts: 91
    I agree, best American rock band out there right now (sorry PJ), I'm ecstatic for Tuesday
    "I'm an ideas man Michael, I think I proved that with F*ck Mountain" -GOB
  • jb13lettersjb13letters Posts: 220
    Does anyone know where the the deluxe edition will be cheapest? It's not listed in Best Buy's insert in this morning's paper, and for some reason the Circuit City insert wasn't in the paper at all.

And before someone comes along saying I should spend the money to support a local record store, there aren't any left in Jacksonville, so my options are FYE or a big box. :(
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
    Does anyone know where the the deluxe edition will be cheapest? It's not listed in Best Buy's insert in this morning's paper, and for some reason the Circuit City insert wasn't in the paper at all.

And before someone comes along saying I should spend the money to support a local record store, there aren't any left in Jacksonville, so my options are FYE or a big box. :(

Being the cheap bastard that i am I always check to see where i can get it cheap :)

Best buy is pimping it for 24.99 not much of a sale

I saw target and circuit city have it for 20.99 i think.

Again not much of a sale. So if anyone sees it for cheaper let me know.

I want the dvd/cd combo so i'm gonna have to pony up for it. It seems pretty expensive.

Don't forget that if you go to your local indie store they have a little EP that comes wih it that has one true vine and a live version of theologians from the kicking television recording.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549

Why not buy direct from Wilco? The CD/DVD combo is $18.99 on their site and it's better than spending at the big chains.

http://wilco.shop.musictoday.com

I bought the pre-order LP and CD combo. Hope it gets here today or tomorrow!

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Dr. JDr. J Posts: 75
    Check out http://www.newburycomics.com. They have the deluxe edition for $17.99 + shipping ($20.98 total). It also comes with a 2-track bonus CD.
  • soclosesoclose Posts: 628
    Dr. J wrote:
    Check out http://www.newburycomics.com. They have the deluxe edition for $17.99 + shipping ($20.98 total). It also comes with a 2-track bonus CD.

I'll have to keep that in mind! I pre-ordered the LP/CD, but I'm assuming it just comes with the regular version of the CD. From what I remember the DVD's supposed to be 45 minutes. Much longer than the average DVD bonus disc - from my experience anyway. I'll probably have to go ahead and buy a copy.
  • verb_to_trustverb_to_trust Posts: 178
    you are my face and side with the seeds.........totally make this cd worthwhile
    you are my face and side with the seeds.........totally make this cd worthwhile

I was listeningto this album on the way to work today and I was thinking for as much shit as people give this album i really love:
    you are my face
    side with seeds
    impossible germany
    what light
    on and on and on
    walken
    either way

And I really hope they play all of those when I see them this summer
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    intodeep wrote:
    I was listeningto this album on the way to work today and I was thinking for as much shit as people give this album i really love:
    you are my face
    side with seeds
    impossible germany
    what light
    on and on and on
    walken
    either way

And I really hope they play all of those when I see them this summer

You going to Chastain?

My wife and I have sixth row seats in the pit. We'll probably take in a Braves/Red Sox game while we're in town, too.

Sky Blue Sky vinyl should be delivered tomorrow!

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Does anyone have an extra ticket to the Hammerstein?
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • GRIMMYGRIMMY Posts: 370
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Does anyone have an extra ticket to the Hammerstein?
    You like Wilco????..Ive seen them a few times...kind of upset they are going to be in Cincy when Im on Vacationing in New York..(LOL)
    grimmy
    :)
    grimmy
    GRIMMY wrote:
    You like Wilco????..Ive seen them a few times...kind of upset they are going to be in Cincy when Im on Vacationing in New York..(LOL)
    You are going to be vacationing in NY? It is vacationland-usa. lol
    I love Wilco. I am a big Billy Bragg fan and didn't start listening to them until they recorded together. I hadn't heard of them.
    Are they good live?
    TrixieCat wrote:
    You are going to be vacationing in NY? It is vacationland-usa. lol
    I love Wilco. I am a big Billy Bragg fan and didn't start listening to them until they recorded together. I hadn't heard of them.
    Are they good live?
    Amazing! I like there sound better inside then outside. I use to be in a band and we played "shot in the arm"..our singer sounded just like Jeff tweedy...no kidding
    grimmy
    GRIMMY wrote:
    Amazing! I like there sound better inside then outside. I use to be in a band and we played "shot in the arm"..our singer sounded just like Jeff tweedy...no kidding
    You were in a band??? What did you play?
    TrixieCat wrote:
    You were in a band??? What did you play?
    drummer..I can go all night...lol
    grimmy
    GRIMMY wrote:
    drummer..I can go all night...lol
    Really? My son loves to drum. I got him a little drum set a few months ago. For a little guy, he has rhythm.
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Really? My son loves to drum. I got him a little drum set a few months ago. For a little guy, he has rhythm.
    thats great!! keep him into it if you can stand the noise...lol
    grimmy
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,901
    these guys kill me, when will they hit the west?!?!?! i've been waiting to hear them live for awhile now. actually, i saw them at bridge school, but i want to see them again. :p
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.