Stp

wpost211wpost211 Posts: 124
edited October 2007 in Other Music
Heard a real nice acoustic version of Plush on the radio the other day. Anybody know where to get this?
"there's a lot to be said for nowhere...."

1996 - Randall's Island II 1998 - MSG I
2000 - Jones Beach II & III 2003 - Uniondale, MSG I & II
2006 - E. Ruth I & II 2007 - Lollapalooza
2008 - MSG I & II, Hartford 2009 - Philly IV
2010 - Newark, MSG I & II
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    wpost211 wrote:
    Heard a real nice acoustic version of Plush on the radio the other day. Anybody know where to get this?

There are a few versions of this. One is from the Unplugged show. The other one is from Headbanggers Ball, which is probably the one you heard. You can get it on their greatest hits album Thank You.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • STP did an MTV unplugged, but like PJs was not officially released for some reason. :-( I gaurantee you are talking about that one it was amazing. They actually used to have the vids on youtube, but those are taken down now too. I haven't actually seen any HUGE stp fans around the board, but as usual I'm probably wrong. If anyone has any info about their unplugged show, or where to get it the info would be great.
  • btb002btb002 Posts: 183
    Are you kidding? I love STP! Utorrent would be a great place to find the unplugged session. It also has earlier demos including the demo to Only Dying (which at a time was suppose to be on The Crow soundtrack, but was pulled after his death), which is just an amazing song even in Demo form.
    You are just a negative mindless pud.
  • Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    STP did an MTV unplugged, but like PJs was not officially released for some reason. :-( I gaurantee you are talking about that one it was amazing. They actually used to have the vids on youtube, but those are taken down now too. I haven't actually seen any HUGE stp fans around the board, but as usual I'm probably wrong. If anyone has any info about their unplugged show, or where to get it the info would be great.

Did they do a full unplugged show? Plush was from 120 minutes.
  • Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    Did they do a full unplugged show? Plush was from 120 minutes.

Yeah they did

here is the set list

Crackerman
    Creep
    Andy Warhol
    Plush
    Big Empty
    Sin
    Wicked Garden
    Sex Type Thing
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Duder5kDuder5k Posts: 278
    I have a proshot video of it, but sadly it's not complete..something about the original recording being accidentally destroyed or something, and only like half of it being salvageable.
    STP did an MTV unplugged, but like PJs was not officially released for some reason. :-( I gaurantee you are talking about that one it was amazing. They actually used to have the vids on youtube, but those are taken down now too. I haven't actually seen any HUGE stp fans around the board, but as usual I'm probably wrong. If anyone has any info about their unplugged show, or where to get it the info would be great.

Yes you're wrong. I'm a huge STP fan (at least equal to my love for PJ, if not greater). I have their unplugged. I'll try and upload it for you.

The one the OP heard on the radio was probably from headbanggers ball.
    Duder5k wrote:
    I have a proshot video of it, but sadly it's not complete..something about the original recording being accidentally destroyed or something, and only like half of it being salvageable.

Here's the deal as far as I can remember about the setlist:

Crackerman - there is video and audio of this and it was aired on t.v.
    Creep - there is video and audio of this and it was aired on t.v.
    Andy Warhol - as far as I know there is only audio of this. I've been searching for years and don't think the video exists
    Plush - both video and audio. it was part of the original airing
    Big Empty - there is video and audio, but if I remember correctly, it wasn't originally aired when MTV aired the performance, so you have to get it separately
    Sin - Ok, so this is the song that MTV said they fucked up while shooting, and there is no video or audio of this performance
    Wicked Garden - video and audio. it originally aired on MTV
    Sex Type Thing - video and audio, it also originally aired on MTV
  • Duder5kDuder5k Posts: 278
    This is great news, I used to think like half the show was lost forever, but just one song eh? Cool, but I dont think I have Big Empty unfortunately.

EDIT: Yeah I just watched my vid and it doesn't have Big Empty..I haven't seen that one anywhere..maybe you could upload or something? That'd be great, thanks..
  • yosi wrote:
    Yes you're wrong. I'm a huge STP fan (at least equal to my love for PJ, if not greater). I have their unplugged. I'll try and upload it for you.

The one the OP heard on the radio was probably from headbanggers ball.

Yeah I figured I was, but if you could upload that show it would be amazing! I saw a lot of it on youtube awhile back and it was the best.
  • STP are immense, I love them. I still don't know why Shangi La-Dee-Da didn't get the credit it deserved though.

Also, I'd have love to have seen STP cover Jane's Addiction's 'Classic Girl' give it a listen and you'll know what I mean.
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,851
    I too love STP

purple is one of the great rock records of the 90s

I heard that SW had reconciled with the band-I think it was in rolling stone.
    Anybody else heard that?

Id love to see this band live again.
    Duder5k wrote:
    This is great news, I used to think like half the show was lost forever, but just one song eh? Cool, but I dont think I have Big Empty unfortunately.

EDIT: Yeah I just watched my vid and it doesn't have Big Empty..I haven't seen that one anywhere..maybe you could upload or something? That'd be great, thanks..
    Yeah I figured I was, but if you could upload that show it would be amazing! I saw a lot of it on youtube awhile back and it was the best.

I'll see if I can get both the audio and video up.
    Get_Right wrote:
    I heard that SW had reconciled with the band-I think it was in rolling stone.
    Anybody else heard that?

Id love to see this band live again.

There have been a bunch of interviews where things like this are mentioned. I believe the most recent was in an issue of Blender.
  • hguz73hguz73 Posts: 245
    The acoustic version of Plush was included in a cd single (studio acoustic version, not the unplugged)..if i'm not wrong it was also featured in the "Thank You" cd released in 2003.
    About the setlist (unplugged) they also played a song called Andy Warhol which i have in mp3.