Alice in Chains' U.S. tour dates, according to the band's publicist:

5/18 - West Hollywood, CA @ The Roxy
    5/19 - San Diego, CA @ House of Blues
    5/21 - Chicago, IL @ Metro
    5/22 - Boston, MA @ Avalon
    5/23 - New York, NY @ Bowery Ballroom
    8/11 - Sturgis, SD @ 2006 Sturgis Motorcycle Rally

http://aliceinchains.com/tour/default.aspx

Though it'll never be the same without Layne, I'd love to see AIC!!!! At least they can play Heaven Beside You the same. Hope they come to play near me :D
  • Options
    7 Kettles7 Kettles Posts: 86
    think they'll be playing any other shows other than these? such as toronto or detroit?
    they say god makes problems just to see what you can stand ~ elliott smith
  • Options
    While I think that Jerry Cantrell is one of the most tasteful guitarist in history, I think the AIC name should have ended when LS died.
    I'm not a hate monger.
    I don't hate anyone.
    I'm more of a hate...stylist.
  • Options
    gusturtlegusturtle Posts: 440
    who's singing for them?
    paul rodgers?
    j.d. fortune?
  • Options
    JCro14JCro14 Posts: 12
    AiC and PJ twice in one week in Boston! It's a grungegasm! But seriously, this is going to be the greatest concert week in the history of music, at least for me.
    BOS-98-00-03-04-06-10-13-16-18;ALB-03;MTL-05
    web.archive.org/web/20030202174226/http://www.sonymusic.com/artists/PearlJam/fanscene/2000/830bos2.html
    web.archive.org/web/20090204082549/http://sonymusic.com/artists/PearlJam/fanscene/2003/711man1.html
  • Options
    stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    frogwater wrote:
    who's singing for them?
    paul rodgers?
    j.d. fortune?

William Duvall
  • Options
    chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    While I think that Jerry Cantrell is one of the most tasteful guitarist in history, I think the AIC name should have ended when LS died.

Totally agree with that statement.
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    come on play uk!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,070
    JCro14 wrote:
    AiC and PJ twice in one week in Boston! It's a grungegasm! But seriously, this is going to be the greatest concert week in the history of music, at least for me.

Factoring in Tool on Sunday and Yankees/Sox on Tuesday, I'm going to be the happiest man on the planet!
  • Options
    JCro14JCro14 Posts: 12
    pjl44 wrote:
    Factoring in Tool on Sunday and Yankees/Sox on Tuesday, I'm going to be the happiest man on the planet!

Yeah, unfortunately, the Sox Pax that I ordered had tix for the Yanks game on that Wednesday, and I obviously bought it before the PJ tour dates were announced. Working hard to get tix to that Tuesday game, though.
    BOS-98-00-03-04-06-10-13-16-18;ALB-03;MTL-05
    web.archive.org/web/20030202174226/http://www.sonymusic.com/artists/PearlJam/fanscene/2000/830bos2.html
    web.archive.org/web/20090204082549/http://sonymusic.com/artists/PearlJam/fanscene/2003/711man1.html
  • Options
    JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,075

i'll 3rd this statement...
  • Options
    I thought I heard that Sully from Godsmack was going to sing the lead in AIC. Can anyone verify this?
    ...theres going to be sex, drugs, rock and roll, chips, dips, chains, whips. You know, your basic high school orgy type of thing... I mean, I'm not talking candlewax on the nipples, or witchcraft or anything like that, no, no, no...
  • Options
    stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    stpmattb wrote:
    William Duvall

^....................
  • Options
    sigh eternallysigh eternally Chicago Posts: 421
    Robert Duvall's "kid" brother?

man, they're reaching really far.....
  • Options
    jb13lettersjb13letters Posts: 220
    Robert Duvall's "kid" brother?

man, they're reaching really far.....

He's the guy who did the Layne parts on Jerry's solo tour. He doesn't sound exactly like Layne, but he does a good job.
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    The website says they're going to surprise European fans with guest vocalist(s) when they tour over there.

What could that mean? It confirms DuVall, but leaves some room for guest appearances.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    akuzedakuzed Posts: 63
    Typical, they tour Europe and all we get in the UK is a festival :D:D

I'd love to see them but as has been said, not going to be the same without Layne. Although I would try and get to Download to see them but as far as I know they're not doing day tickets this year...boo hiss!!
    Astoria - April 20th 2006
    Dublin - August 23rd 2006
    Reading - August 27th 2006
    Wembley - June 18th 2007
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Gonna try and see them in NY and then two days in a row of PJ in Boston :D
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    potluckpotluck Posts: 170
    the show in sturgis sd is during the rally. its at a place called the buffalo chip. This place started out as a campground 20 years ago that was just open during the motorcycle rally. Overthe years it has gotten bigger and bigger. They now have a bar, 3 stages with standing room for over half the states population, and no cops in the entire venue. When you pay for camping you get the ticket include. They have some 14 big name bands out there during the week. Its $330 bucks for the whole week, which is pretty good considering you get camping and 7 nights of music. I was out there 2 years ago and it was the best party i had ever been too. Last year i didnt go because i didnt like any of the music, this year is gonna be awsome. Besides, the hills are beautiful and there are chicks everywhere.
    06/24/1998 SD
    10/12/2000 KS
    06/13/2003 IA
    06/15/2003 ND
    06/16/2003 Mn
    06/21/2003 WI
    10/05/2004 MO
    10/08/2004 FL
    09/08/2005 MB
    09/09/2005 ON
    05/17/2006 IL
    05/19/2006 MI
    07/02/2006 CO
    08/05/2007 Lolla
    06/14/2008 B'roo

Kill Fascists.... or at least make them realize what they are.
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    William Duvall is in Comes with the fall

they are brilliant!
  • Options
    mtildenmtilden Posts: 62
    Am I the only one who thinks that Jerry Cantrell could/should handle the vocals himself rather than bringing in some mercenary.
    "Go fuck yourself"
    -Dick Cheney

"Are you taking over or are you taking orders"
    -Joe Strummer 1952-2002

"All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting."
    -George Orwell
  • Options
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,504
    Jerry will still handle backing vocals as he always did with AIC. He can't handle it all. The main part of the AIC dynamic was the harmonies between the two.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,075
    rhinomagic wrote:
    The website says they're going to surprise European fans with guest vocalist(s) when they tour over there.

What could that mean? It confirms DuVall, but leaves some room for guest appearances.

from what i've heard and read (rumor wise) is that the guest vocalists might be from some of the other bands they are doing festivals with (ie - tool, metallica, etc)
  • Options
    jcfranzjcfranz Posts: 168
    JSBE wrote:
    from what i've heard and read (rumor wise) is that the guest vocalists might be from some of the other bands they are doing festivals with (ie - tool, metallica, etc)

Phil Anselmo (pantera) sang a few songs (them bones and Would) at the VH1 Concert in March at the Taj Mahal in AC.
    It's easy to grin, When your ship comes in, And you've got the stock market beat. But the man worthwhile, Is the man who can smile, When his shorts are too tight in the seat
  • Options
    JenInTheBxJenInTheBx Posts: 293
    I saw AIC in Atlantic City back last March... great show, for the 20 minutes it lasted. William Duvall is pretty good, and like someone said above, he did do the AIC vocals when Jerry toured.
  • Options
    JForte20JForte20 Posts: 52
    Anyone get tix for the Boston show? its gonna be a good week
  • Options
    Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    I tried...no dice
  • Options
    jcfranzjcfranz Posts: 168
    JForte20 wrote:
    Anyone get tix for the Boston show? its gonna be a good week

I tried for and hour and a half....and got one...so psyched. I guess there will not be a public sale for the Boston or Chicago show since all of the tickets were sold.

May is shaping up to be a wonderful month....PJ Albany/AIC Boston/ PJ Boston 1&2...awww yeah!!
    It's easy to grin, When your ship comes in, And you've got the stock market beat. But the man worthwhile, Is the man who can smile, When his shorts are too tight in the seat
  • Options
    momofglynnmomofglynn Posts: 849
    JCro14 wrote:

Don't forget that Tool is playing the Orphuem 5/21! with the Black Crowes on the 26th and 27th at the Hampton Beach. It will be a fun week indeed!

Not to mention that the Yankees are in town that week too.
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    Its wrong, no Layne = no alice in chains. cheap rip-off