Stone Temple Pilots

stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
edited February 2007 in Other Music
They just put up a site on Youtube with all of their videos. Some of them are pretty cool - them dressed up as KISS from a show in 1993 (Crackerman, Wicked Garden and Sin).

Check it out.

http://youtube.com/officialstp
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• not4u10not4u10 Posts: 238
    They have made some of the weirdest videos.
    08/28/98-09/01/00-12/08/02-12/09/02-04/28/03-05/03/03-07/05/03-07/06/03-07/08/03-07/09/03-07/12/03-10/01/04-10/03/05-05/13/06-05/27/06-05/28/06-06/01/06-06/03/06-06/19/08-06/25/08-10/28/09-10/31/09-05/17/10-10/19/13-10/21/13-10/27/13-4/28/16
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Way cool that they put up some live videos.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • I love STP
    Nothing Better than Leather, man!

''i dont wanna think, i wanna feel''
  • stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    I'm waiting for Fanch to see the videos of them dressed up as KISS.
  • man i love stp. they were so good!! they are probably 3rd on my list of bands i wish would reunite, after pink floyd and led zep...
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No.5-+--+
    ~~~~~http://www.myspace.com/breakerfallpj~~~~~

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
  • bestsanebestsane Posts: 131
    STP fucking rocks! One of the best bands in the 90's. STP fucking rocks!
    yosi wrote:
    Way cool that they put up some live videos.

Yeah! I'm trying to locate some more.
  • Why did this band have to breakup?
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    One of the most under-rated bands of the 90's and two of the best gigs I've ever been to :D
    I need a coffee!
  • MohabMohab Posts: 310
    Awesome live and on record. Tiny Music is one of the best and shangrilla wasn't too bad either.
    A few new videos were added.
  • Why did this band have to breakup?

I agree!
  • awesome thanks for sharing! They are my second fave band after PJ. Saw them for a New Year's Eve show in Orlando at Hard Rock Live in like 2001 or 2002....it was one of the best concerts of my life....hearing them play Revolution right after midnight....great 2.5 hour set!
    "It's all happening"
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    its a fact they put on a better live show than pj, but i couldn't follow them around like pj.

i saw them on the tiny music tour about 3 nights before he was arrested.

i love how they had the accoustic set drop from the ceiling .
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
    Music just isn't the same without these guys...
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    Why did this band have to breakup?

because: "I don't like the drugs but the drugs like me"
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • I love STP!!
    Thanks for the post man, very cool.
    puts his faith in love and, tremor christ.

"I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback."
  • I'm just glad that they exited on a good note. I actually thought that No 4 was a great album. "Atlanta" is one of the best songs they ever wrote.
    I'll cut you in.
    Word on the street is a new website and myspace page are also coming soon...
  • Duder5kDuder5k Posts: 278
    Awesome live footage there.
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    they were a hell of a lot better than Velvet revolver,
    the first 3albums I played a lot of, weiland seems to have lost himself a bit though, like slagging off axl rose and all of that....theres no need.
    stpmattb wrote:
    Word on the street is a new website and myspace page are also coming soon...

Any reason, or were you just bored? ;)
  • cool...

Is Weiland ever going to put out a solo album? that "Man who I didn't know" song he did on Carson Daly's show last year was pretty cool.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    cool...

Is Weiland ever going to put out a solo album? that "Man who I didn't know" song he did on Carson Daly's show last year was pretty cool.
    he did about 10years ago. "Ten bar blues" Ive never heard it, hard to get hold of.......not in music shops,torrents too slow. Ive heard mixed reactions to it.
  • elmer wrote:
    he did about 10years ago. "Ten bar blues" Ive never heard it, hard to get hold of.......not in music shops,torrents too slow. Ive heard mixed reactions to it.

oh, forgot about that one.. i have it somewhere. it has some cool stuff, but a little too "weird" for me to listen to much.

I was talking about the song he did somewhat recently... it was a sorta country, sorta neil diamond kind thing.

edit: I found the song on youtube, but it's named wrong :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hs5SJigCYDs
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    cool...

He's been talking about putting out a second one for a while. But I dunno, sometimes he just likes to talk...
  • Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    Hey Matt, why would Atlantic pay to have and maintain a new STP website for a dufunct band? Or does Atlantic have nothing to do with it? What's the deal? I have kept hanging on to you still having a job because as long as they are paying you, nothing is over for good yet.
    Hey Matt, why would Atlantic pay to have and maintain a new STP website for a dufunct band? Or does Atlantic have nothing to do with it? What's the deal? I have kept hanging on to you still having a job because as long as they are paying you, nothing is over for good yet.

I haven't dealt with Atlantic since mid 2003. Atlantic doesn't have anything to do with the website anymore. The Firm and the DeLeo brothers have requested a newer website (as well as the addition of the Myspace and Youtube sites). Everything that has been done for STP since before Thank You came out was done on my own behalf, with some assistance from their first manager, Steve Stewart. My thoughts all along are that I have complete access to the website, so if there is anything going on with any of the guys, I'm going to help them out any way I can through the STP site.
    stpmattb wrote:
    I haven't dealt with Atlantic since mid 2003. Atlantic doesn't have anything to do with the website anymore. The Firm and the DeLeo brothers have requested a newer website (as well as the addition of the Myspace and Youtube sites). Everything that has been done for STP since before Thank You came out was done on my own behalf, with some assistance from their first manager, Steve Stewart. My thoughts all along are that I have complete access to the website, so if there is anything going on with any of the guys, I'm going to help them out any way I can through the STP site.

I was wondering why you'd go through all that work changing it.
  • Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    stpmattb wrote:

Cool, thanks for the update and clarification. It's pretty cool to know that the DeLeos care about their website and stuff for a band that has been broken up for a while now.
    I would be disappointed to see the BBS end especially after telling Dean and Rob that it is where Pink Love Fuzz and I met when we saw them a couple weeks ago. (They were pretty amazed actually)