stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
edited March 2007 in Other Music
Smashing Pumpkins, The Killers, Bjork, Interpol and others

http://www.virginfestival.ca/toronto/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 965
    awesome
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • ohhh nice.

Tix go onsale on my b-day too!!

Dunno if I wanna go tho.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • KricketKricket Posts: 707
    ohhh nice.

Tix go onsale on my b-day too!!

Dunno if I wanna go tho.

Don't think I'll go either.
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    Bjork......Interpol......????? (LOVE those 2)

.....one more good act and i'm going on Saturday

.....definitely NOT going Sunday, Smashing Pumpkins and the Killers - YAWN
    (too bad Tokyo Police Club is Sunday - i'd love to see them)
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    Sweet, I'm in for Sunday, unless the SP play elseware in Toronto (or Lolla).

Not into the other bands at all though
  • they mention the tickets that go on sale as being 2 day passes, i wonder if they will sell singles as well, i'm going to wait and see what other shows they play before shelling out for a 2 day pass right now
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
    they mention the tickets that go on sale as being 2 day passes, i wonder if they will sell singles as well, i'm going to wait and see what other shows they play before shelling out for a 2 day pass right now

I'm with you. If you buy early you only save $10...not worth it IMO.

Without the Smashing Pumpkins the line-up does nothing for me, but if they add a couple decent bands I'll likely go just to support local festivals.
  • stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    SP will be at Lollapalooza. My friend worked with Billy Corgan on various web things and heard about it this morning from the SP camp.
  • Tek MoneyTek Money Posts: 642
    Todd76 wrote:
    Bjork......Interpol......????? (LOVE those 2)

.....one more good act and i'm going on Saturday

.....definitely NOT going Sunday, Smashing Pumpkins and the Killers - YAWN
    (too bad Tokyo Police Club is Sunday - i'd love to see them)

I was thinking the same thing. Althought the Killers have a couple alright tunes. I haven't seen them live. I do love the Pumpkins but they suck live.
    Cock Fight.
    Tek Money wrote:
    I was thinking the same thing. Althought the Killers have a couple alright tunes. I haven't seen them live. I do love the Pumpkins but they suck live.

Agreed - I have the Killers first album and I still enjoy a few songs on it....I havent seen them live (in person) BUT I have seen them live on awards shows and I thought they were TERRIBLE

I like the Pumpkins (at least Gish and Siamese Dream - the rest of thier albums did nothing for me)...but I have seen them live and it was the one of the WORST shows I have ever seen (next to Soundgarden and STP - YUCK)

....if they give me 1 or 2 more good bands for Saturday I am there - I would LOVE to see Bjork live (I have heard she puts on an amazing show) and although I have seen Interpol live 3 times I would never pass up a chance to see them again

....hopefully they dont have curfew issues like they did last year - the Flaming Lips set was sooooooo short, so PISSED
    Todd76 wrote:
    Agreed - I have the Killers first album and I still enjoy a few songs on it....I havent seen them live (in person) BUT I have seen them live on awards shows and I thought they were TERRIBLE

I like the Pumpkins (at least Gish and Siamese Dream - the rest of thier albums did nothing for me)...but I have seen them live and it was the one of the WORST shows I have ever seen (next to Soundgarden and STP - YUCK)

What STP show did you see that wasn't good?
    stpmattb wrote:
    What STP show did you see that wasn't good?

I saw them at the Concert Hall in Toronto on their Core tour....it was before they had really blown up. Weiland was a total asshole - kept trying to fight members of the audience. Total crap

....however, the Mighty Mighty Bosstones opened and they were amazing - so at least the night wasnt a total loss
    Todd76 wrote:
    I saw them at the Concert Hall in Toronto on their Core tour....it was before they had really blown up. Weiland was a total asshole - kept trying to fight members of the audience. Total crap

....however, the Mighty Mighty Bosstones opened and they were amazing - so at least the night wasnt a total loss

Ahh alright, they got a lot better live later on in their career!
    Todd76 wrote:
    ....hopefully they dont have curfew issues like they did last year - the Flaming Lips set was sooooooo short, so PISSED

I heard about that. How disappointing.

I never went last year.
    Cock Fight.
    Todd76 wrote:

Oh they are so good.

I haven't seen STP live... I would have liked to.
    Cock Fight.
    Are the SP really that bad live? I saw them in 94' and thought it was awesome, but then again it was one of my first concerts.

I agree about Soundgarden. I saw them in 95' or 96' and I wasn't impressed (then again they had a tough act to follow - being that NIN opened for them).
  • I know this doesn't really have anything to do with live as much as it does STP

I've heard that Weiland was in rehab not too long ago, and is planning to get the band together again (I'm not talking about the new band with some STP members, I mean another album under STP). Can anyone confirm this, or did I just hear a bad rumor?

As of SP, I've only heard Mellon Choly, and I really liked it; but I heard their latest CD is no good. I'd still go to see them live if it was closer to where I lived, though.
  • Scott Weiland and rehab, two words that belong together like peanut butter and jelly. About STP he was quoted a couple months ago saying "every shelf needs two bookends", whatever that means I dunno maybe he was alluding to the fact that maybe he/they would put out one more album, but with the fact that there is Army of Anyone, the mediocre Velvet Revolver, and the long procrastinated Scott Weiland second solo album coming out in the fall makes the chance of STP very unlikely, I would say give it another 5 years.

About the flaming lips live set at the Vfest in toronto.... lets just say I saw them a week before in Syracuse and they kicked ass. Ween blew my nuts and put on a dull and uninspired set. All pumped after the flaming lips set I saw day one of the v fest for the flaming lips, 60 fucking american dollars down the drain for 5 fucking songs (MUSE was like this \m/ too). ARGH just the thought of it grinds my shit, but the fact that I saw them a week before hand calms me down. Sorry for the ramble.
  • ps does anyone know who is in the Smashing Pumpkins anymore or is it like Zwan just named the smashing pumpkins with Jimmy Chamberlin and Billy Corgan? I saw zwan live too they really gave mad blow jobs aka the sucked.

THEY WERENT like this \m/
  • hodgehodge Posts: 519
    interpol better play same day as SP

edit: damn, they aren't
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    i don't think i can justify that price for them. if i couldn't justify $150 for roger waters floor seats, there's no way i'll spend $138 on a two-day festival for one headlining act.
    SP should play the kool haus
    now that would be an experience
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
    hodge wrote:
    SP should play the kool haus
    now that would be an experience

They did, only they called themself Zwan then
    please don't insult the pumpkins like that ;)
    hodge wrote:
    please don't insult the pumpkins like that ;)

Ahh, I'm just messing around. I love the SP : )
    some new bands added to the bill:

Saturday: Arctic Monkeys

Sunday: Peter Bjorn and John
    METRIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ he said there is a strong possibility that Explosions in the Sky will be added!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So now we have Interpol, Bjork, Tokyo Police Club and Metric (plus the Killers and Smashing Pumpkins - which may appeal to some here, NOT ME)......very tempting

.....an aside for all you Pumpkins fans - the guy on the radio who announced these additions said he has heard the new songs and they are "amazing"...."a throw back to the old Pumpkins sound"....."lots of guitar"....."very rocking"....."gonna get them back on the radio"
    Ticketmaster is such a a scam - $126 tickets selling for $157.80

Tickets (Virgin Festival - 2 Day Pass - Smashing Pumpkins, Bjork, the Killers)
    Two Day Pass Tickets CA $126.00 x 1
    Total Building Facility Charge(s) CA $12.00
    Total Convenience Charge(s) CA $15.00

Order Processing Charge(s) CA $4.80
    Regular Mail - No Charge

TOTAL CHARGES CA $157.80
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    Red Lukin wrote:
    Ahh, I'm just messing around. I love the SP : )

me too, although they broke up 7 years ago and good thing too because it looks like Billy ran out of good songs, how anyone is excited for the second Zwan album is beyond me
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
    sigh
    is there any way to just buy a 1 day pass?
    i have no interest in spending more money for the 2day pass when I know I only want to see the Pumpkins play
  • mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 965
    I believe I read somewhere that 1 day passes go on sale April 7th. Metric awesome band, I think i just might go to the sunday show.
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022