Silverchair North American Tour Dates!

stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
edited June 2007 in Other Music
Friday, 13th July - San Diego, CA - House of Blues Tickets on sale June 8th
Saturday 14th July - Los Angeles, CA - The Wiltern Tickets on sale June 9th
Sunday, 15th July - Anaheim, CA - House of Blues Tickets on sale June 8th
Tuesday, 17th July - San Francisco, CA - The Independent Tickets on sale June 10th
Thursday, 19th July - Portland, OR - Aladdin Theatre Tickets on sale June 8th
Friday, 20th July - Seattle, WA - Showbox Tickets on sale June 8th
Saturday, 21st July - Vancouver, BC - Commodore Ballroom Tickets on sale June 15th
Monday, 23rd July - Atlanta, GA - Roxy Theatre Tickets on sale June 16th
Tuesday 24th July - Washington, DC - 9:30 Club Tickets on sale June 14th
Thursday, 26th July - Sayreville, NJ - Starland Ballroom Tickets on sale June 13th
Friday, 27th July - New York, NY - Roseland Ballroom Tickets on sale June 15th
Saturday, 28th July - Philadelphia, PA - Fillmore at the TLA Tickets on sale June 15th
Sunday, 29th July - Boston, MA - Paradise Tickets on sale June 14th
Monday, 30th July - Montreal, QC - Le Spectrum Tickets on sale June 7th
Wednesday, 1st August - Toronto, ON - Phoenix Tickets on sale June 14th
Friday, 3rd August - Detroit, MI - St. Andrews Tickets on sale June 15th
Saturday, 4th August - Chicago, IL – Lollapalooza Tickets on sale NOW
Sunday, 5th August - Minneapolis, MN - First Avenue Tickets on sale June 16th
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    did you see this part of the email??

"In addition to their own headline tour Silverchair will also make a mainstage appearance at the 30,000-capacity Lollapalooza Festival in Chicago on 4th August alongside ARCADE FIRE, BRIGHT EYES and Clap Your Hands Say Yeah."

last i checked, neither of those two were on the bill... either this was some shoddy research, a typo, or there are a few big announcements yet to come as i'd hoped!
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    the showbox and roseland nice
  • did you see this part of the email??

"In addition to their own headline tour Silverchair will also make a mainstage appearance at the 30,000-capacity Lollapalooza Festival in Chicago on 4th August alongside ARCADE FIRE, BRIGHT EYES and Clap Your Hands Say Yeah."

last i checked, neither of those two were on the bill... either this was some shoddy research, a typo, or there are a few big announcements yet to come as i'd hoped!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it would be a crime if AF aren't there.

also, i'm surprised Silverchair are playing the mainstage.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it would be a crime if AF aren't there.

also, i'm surprised Silverchair are playing the mainstage.

that's not surprising... they had a few has-beens on that stage last year ;) i say that with joking love... but they did put a few bands whose height of popularity had passed there (eg. eels). odds are they'll be on a mainstage, but playing in the early afternoon. that's my guess anyway.
  • that's not surprising... they had a few has-beens on that stage last year ;) i say that with joking love... but they did put a few bands whose height of popularity had passed there (eg. eels). odds are they'll be on a mainstage, but playing in the early afternoon. that's my guess anyway.
    valid point. their myspace says they're playing at noon, so i suppose that makes more sense.

I really hope AF play there...they would certainly fill that void of a 2nd headliner for Saturday night (alongside Muse)
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
    valid point. their myspace says they're playing at noon, so i suppose that makes more sense.

I really hope AF play there...they would certainly fill that void of a 2nd headliner for Saturday night (alongside Muse)

that would be fuckin awful... who am i supposed to go see in that scenario?
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,249
    did you see this part of the email??

dude i'm so stoked for these shows fucking roseland here in NY can't wait .......yeah they i miss something ARCADE FIRE at LOLLA hell that will be one hell of a weekend .........hurrayyyyyyyyyyy
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • that would be fuckin awful... who am i supposed to go see in that scenario?
    for me it would be an easy decision since I really like AF's music and their live show is tremendous...I can only imagine how powerful they would be with the sun setting under the chicago skyline....

That being said, I've heard great things about Muse's live show so I would also prefer them to play at different times...perhaps one after the other!

*before we get too excited, let's remember that this isn't official yet :D*

• South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    that would be fuckin awful... who am i supposed to go see in that scenario?

Muse
    NERDS!
  • stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    I'm going to the DC and Philly shows as well as Lollapalooza. I wonder if the email was a typo or not - I guess we will find out soon enough!
  • Vedderman23Vedderman23 Posts: 859
    "Fuck the talkin', let's start rocking." - E.V. 9-5-00

8/25/98, 8/21/00, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 9/28/05, 10/03/05, 5/20/06, 6/23/06, EV 8/16/08, EV 6/18/09, 5/20/10, 9/15/11, 10/11/13, 10/27/13, 10/1/14, 8/20/16, 8/22/16, TOTD 11/7/16, 8/18/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/11/22, 9/14/22, 8/26/24, 9/12/24, 9/27/24, 9/29/24
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    christ almighty

everything is going on July 28th..

Silverchair in Philly
    RATM in NY (have tix for that)
    Chris Cornell in Reading..
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,845
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    the showbox and roseland nice
    roseland is the worst venue in NYC...sound system is absolutely horrendous....your better off going to another venue....
  • stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    New dates added:

Thursday, 26th July - Sayreville, NJ - Starland Ballroom Tickets on sale June 13th
    Sunday, 29th July - Boston, MA - Paradise Tickets on sale June 14th
    Friday, 3rd August - Detroit, MI - St. Andrews Tickets on sale June 15th
  • mulva9mulva9 Posts: 417
    Wow that Boston date saved me. I was trying to think of how I can get out of a wedding reception or rehearsal dinner early to get to NY or Philly. Silverchair tops my list of bands I need to see but haven't yet, and now I'll see them twice in one week (lolla).
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    I haven't ever seen them live either one of those bands I have always had an interest in but never seen them... Their new record is great so congrats to those in the states who get tickets.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08