Live Earth This Saturday?

stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
edited July 2007 in Other Music
Anyone else going?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I'm thinking about going, but not sure it's worth it. A friend can't go and offered me her ticket, but I think the only band I'd really want to see would be the Pumpkins (who I presume will tour on their own at some point) so I may pass.
  • ChrisChris Posts: 116
    Go see Metallica the day after.
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    I would if it were a little closer to Houston! For me it would be more about the event than the performers. As long as they had someone halfway decent to see I'd be there. I'd might not if it were just Hannah Montana.
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    Absolutely not.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • ArctangentArctangent Posts: 614
    yes, lets all jump in our cars and drive to a concert about global warming where all the artists have travelled by plane to get there. christ, genesis who are playing at wembley are even being flown up to manchester for their own gig. kind of misses the point.
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    stpmattb wrote:
    Anyone else going?

I'm going w/ a fellow Jammer. I don't know why people are so "against" this show, it's not like people don't travel, eat, drink, shit and go to see shows everyday. I gave up on trying to justify buying my ticket. I was sold as soon as I heard Al Gore was going to do something like this.
    I'm going and proud of it. I plan on having a grand time!
    Weather looks good so far too!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    I don't know why people are so "against" this show, it's not like people don't travel, eat, drink, shit and go to see shows everyday.

isn't that the whole point? just shows the futility of putting on concerts for climate awareness or whatever they want to call it.
    Arctangent wrote:
    isn't that the whole point? just shows the futility of putting on concerts for climate awareness or whatever they want to call it.

Because if you go to this show or watch it on TV you may learn something. Thats the point.
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    Because if you go to this show or watch it on TV you may learn something. Thats the point.

if you don't already know about climate change and global warming where have you been for the last five years (not you specifically Sprunkn, just people in general!). its a concert - people will go for the music
    Arctangent wrote:
    if you don't already know about climate change and global warming where have you been for the last five years (not you specifically Sprunkn, just people in general!). its a concert - people will go for the music

Yes, true ;)
    But I have hope it will have some impact. :)
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    not going. xm has it all.......i'm doing that.
  • ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    stpmattb wrote:
    Anyone else going?

for sure i wanted to go here but the problem is i´m high pregnant ..so people might understand that i can´t go there ...it´s really sad couse i think it´s a good thing and i will miss Chris Cornells gig ....:(:(
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Arctangent wrote:

That is quite true, but there are people who are still somewhat clueless or haven't learned to care yet. Perhaps some people will learn ONE new thing that they could implement, or be inspired to make one change. The fact that people are paying attention and its getting talked about more and more, AND people are making some changes, is a plus.

That all being said, I'd have liked to go to see AFI, but my daughter is having her performance on her final day of music camp that day, and I wouldn't miss that. I hope I'll be able to see webcast or TV.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    Arctangent wrote:
    yes, lets all jump in our cars and drive to a concert about global warming where all the artists have travelled by plane to get there. christ, genesis who are playing at wembley are even being flown up to manchester for their own gig. kind of misses the point.

I've been saying this all along. Pretty amusing.

:D
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    brain of c wrote:
    not going. xm has it all.......i'm doing that.
    I believe that both satellite radio services are covering the event.....either way, I could hear it two ways....xm through my DirecTV or via our "Dogstar" unit. :D
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    From what I've heard, everyone is getting a 20 minute set (at least at the NYC show).
  • jchais01jchais01 Posts: 129
    I'm traveling there in my SUV. For $175 a ticket, I think my carbon footprint is more than covered!!!
    "Delight in Our Youth"
  • maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    I'm going as well......two more days!
    My lips are shaking.......
  • salngrsalngr Posts: 55
    im in for this shindig, should be a lovely day of music
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini (or diet coke) in the other hand, body thoroughly used up, worn out and tired..."
    jchais01 wrote:
    I'm traveling there in my SUV. For $175 a ticket, I think my carbon footprint is more than covered!!!
    Mine too. There will be two of us in a car...should I feel guilty? I truely looked to car pool. :)
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    Mine too. There will be two of us in a car...should I feel guilty? I truely looked to car pool. :)

turn in your green card.
  • eclecticeclectic Posts: 244
    Sprunkn7 wrote:

You might.Doesn't mean what you are learning is the truth though?
    'All the rusted signs,we ignore throughout our lives,
    Choosing the shiny ones instead'

Reading 06 - Torino 06 - Wembley 07
    eclectic wrote:
    You might.Doesn't mean what you are learning is the truth though?

Holy Crap