Will Hetfield stop ruining Metallica?

2»

Comments

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    it is about 25 million worlwide went to number 1 in 32 diffrent countries on its first week of release
    Thriller or St. Anger???? :confused:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    tybird wrote:
    Thriller or St. Anger???? :confused:

St Anger, shocking but true well i dont know if the figure is, but i know it went to number 1 on first week of release in 32 countries.
    the point i was kind of trying to make by saying this was that theres many people round here who say metallica have been shit since The Black Album, that was 14 years ago, they say Load was crap, Reload, Garage Inc but still after 3 shit albums went and bought St Anger, and will then go out and buy the next album thats released by them, and moan how shit it is because lets face it no matter what Metallica put out now its going to be huge, even if it is a steaming pile of turd, people will still buy it, hoping its a return to form.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • watching "some kind of monster" was an eye-opener and it was really funny (in a really sad) way to see kirk as the only sane one in the band and behaving like some spoilt brat. their music is fantastic (black, load and re-load included) and some of the best metal (with a slight progressive edge) comes from metallica. that said i wish hetfield and ulrich would get over themselves.....

the best line in the movie was when hetfield was alluding to being left out of the "process" when he wasn't around and kirk comes back with..."now you know how i've felt for the last 20 years." nobody said a word. it was pretty funny. hammett is a metal god and he does seem like a pretty down to earth guy.
  • shahrilshahril Posts: 288
    St Anger, shocking but true well i dont know if the figure is, but i know it went to number 1 on first week of release in 32 countries.
    the point i was kind of trying to make by saying this was that theres many people round here who say metallica have been shit since The Black Album, that was 14 years ago, they say Load was crap, Reload, Garage Inc but still after 3 shit albums went and bought St Anger, and will then go out and buy the next album thats released by them, and moan how shit it is because lets face it no matter what Metallica put out now its going to be huge, even if it is a steaming pile of turd, people will still buy it, hoping its a return to form.

no way..i think the figures u saw were wrong. 25 million is too high to be true. Even Britney Spears at her peak (i mean commercial peak, her musical peak is about as high as her boobs pop out) did not sell 25 on one album.
    Linkin Park's first album that exploded them into stardom, 6 million only. Nirvana's Nevermind. 10 million. RHCP Californication, 3 million.

St Anger, 25 mil? no chance.
    I've seen so many people try and copy Eddie Vedder's voice. It's as if if you don't sound like him you're not a man. - Emmett Roslan

http://theshahril.blogspot.com

London 20/04/2006
  • Fuck Bob Rock!
    I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal. But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existance either.
  • it all started imo when they decided to do a classical does metallica type release,the jason newstead left and that was it. no more metallica,i never liked lars anyway,i just always knew he would sellout and james has drunk himself stupid now.

cliff burton rip..................
    When I was born, the doctor came out to the waiting room and said to my father, I'm very sorry. We did everything we could. But he pulled through......
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    steaming pile of turd from Metallica=the single from Mission Impossible II soundtrack......what a terrible song, and I am sure lots of folks plunked down the cash to purchase it.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    tybird wrote:
    steaming pile of turd from Metallica=the single from Mission Impossible II soundtrack......what a terrible song, and I am sure lots of folks plunked down the cash to purchase it.

couldn't agree more on that one lol, terrible song
    shahril wrote:
    no way..i think the figures u saw were wrong. 25 million is too high to be true. Even Britney Spears at her peak (i mean commercial peak, her musical peak is about as high as her boobs pop out) did not sell 25 on one album.
    Linkin Park's first album that exploded them into stardom, 6 million only. Nirvana's Nevermind. 10 million. RHCP Californication, 3 million.

St Anger, 25 mil? no chance.

thats worldwide, in US st anger has sold 3 million.
    an intresting stat i found while i was looking around earlier, in 2004, 666 million records sold in the US which has a population of nearly 300 million.
    where as in the UK 247 million records sold in 2004, the UK having a population of nearly 60 million.
    based on that if the UK had the same population as the US, that would mean over a billion cds would have sold here.