i like the Spin Doctors. they jam.

kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
edited May 2007 in Other Music
yes, i've been drinking the wine.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    You know, I only own Pocket Full of Kryptonite, and aside from the annoying hits on there (Two Princes, Little Miss Can't Be Wrong), there are some really great songs on there. Very fun to listen too. I also have a bootleg of a very early performance of theres from the Wetlands - not the greatest quality, but they seemed like a really fun band.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    haven't listened to Pocket Full of Kryptonite in quite a while but i like the album.........:D
  • yosi wrote:
    I also have a bootleg of a very early performance of theres from the Wetlands - not the greatest quality, but they seemed like a really fun band.

theres a lot of their stuff up on the archive
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
    theres a lot of their stuff up on the archive

If you mean archive.org, than yea, that's where I got it. I just haven't found another show yet that I really want to download. Mostly cause I'm lazy, but I'll get around to it at some point.
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    they blew me away live.
  • I've seen them given stick on here, and I have NO IDEA why. They were excellent live musicians, and IMO, played funk rock music which shits shits all over Red Hot Chilli Peppers.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    Pocket Full of Kryptonite really is a fun album. like Boston, they're one of those bands that has only one good album, but it's great to rock out to from time to time.
  • robowskirobowski Posts: 143
    these guys are quality - ive seen them live in fairbanks, alaska (big show for up there) and they totally rocked - i still listen to them from time to time
    As you live your life in sometimes quiet desperation, facing adversity and tragedy: if you have hope and love, that mixture helps you overcome that tragedy and go on with the rest of your life.”
    --Jack Lengyel
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Not that familiar with them but what I have heard is lame
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
    Not that familiar with them but what I have heard is lame

If you're not familiar with them, than chances are what you have heard is uber-lame. However, a lot of what you haven't heard is awesome.