why is Journey's Greatest Hits good?

kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
edited December 2006 in Other Music
it shouldn't be. but it is.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Don't stop believing!!!

*With a finger waving in the air*
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • yeah journey is real good stuff, really good. solid, entertaining rock n' roll. me and all my frat bros storm into pubs, take over the jukebox and blast nothing but journey cause it's so epic. reeeeeeeal good stuff bra.
  • You people are on some serious crack. They play that album in hell eternally. I had to hear it on repeat all day in a store I was working at once. Some skanky bitch manager wouldn't take it out. The bad lyrics would go by in my head like a CNN scroll over and over again. It caused permenant damage to my nerves. Just thinking about that album brings back flashbacks of city lights and lovin'.
  • When I worked at Damon's (it's a bar and grill), one of my co-workers took the cd and put it in the melter that we had, and we watched it burn up in flames to a nice death... oh and the customers saw these flames as well; it was awesome.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    Foreigner is better.
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • Only because Separate Ways is on it.

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Kenny Olav wrote:
    Could it be that you were drunk when you posted this?? ;)
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • brhf9 wrote:
    Foreigner is better.

Aren't they the same band?
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    Journey is only good when you are about 11 or 12 and just starting to explore the universe of Rock & Roll. By age 13 you realize that not only are you sick of every one of their songs, but you are a little embarassed to have listened to so much of it in the first place.

I saw them on VH1 Classic Concerts the other day and wanted to puke
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    everyone should have a guilty pleasure band. i like Foreigner and Journey maybe a little more than i should.. but then again i also have a place in my heart for those gay Hall and Oates songs.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    DCGARDEN wrote:
    Journey is only good when you are about 11 or 12 and just starting to explore the universe of Rock & Roll. By age 13 you realize that not only are you sick of every one of their songs, but you are a little embarassed to have listened to so much of it in the first place.

I saw them on VH1 Classic Concerts the other day and wanted to puke
    When I was 11 I bought "Escape" on cassette and listened to it until it wore out.

The therapy involved was thousands of dollars.;)
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,230
    When I worked at Damon's (it's a bar and grill), one of my co-workers took the cd and put it in the melter that we had, and we watched it burn up in flames to a nice death... oh and the customers saw these flames as well; it was awesome.
    that is classic i have a few cd's that i would love to burn up myself ......
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • everyone should have a guilty pleasure band. i like Foreigner and Journey maybe a little more than i should.. but then again i also have a place in my heart for those gay Hall and Oates songs.

Hall And Oates are smooth as shit. Ever heard their self-titled album with the silver cover? It's fucking 70's soul heaven!
  • Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    Anyway You Want It is awesome if for nothing else, then for Rodney dancing to it in Caddyshack.

And Stone in Love Should be on the greatest hits and it is not.
  • mdigenakismdigenakis Posts: 1,337
    it's amazing what a few Journey hits right before last call can do.

a quote i've heard many times: "their is nothing better than some journey at the bar after midnight"

Not a big journey fan, but the quote is a 100% true.
    "Don't let the darkness eat you up..."

-Greg Dulli

• transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    totally agree.......
  • one of the better greatest hits compilations
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    yeah it is good :)
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319

Exactly. That song is among their top 5. The only other Journey album I have is Escape, and it's because of that one song... the rest of the songs are terrible except for the other hits... and Who's Crying Now is pretty bad except for Neil Schon's guitar at the end.
  • hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    Kenny Olav wrote:
    No.

It isn't.

Snap out of it, Kenny!
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    Kenny Olav wrote:

'cause it's journey.
  • I had the surreal experience of seeing Journey live a few weeks ago.

They played Stone In Love and Ask The Lonely: crowd stands up, goes bezerk.

Then they played 2 new songs. Crowd sits down.

Then they played Lights, Open Arms, and Wheel in the Sky: crowd back up, going crazy.

Then three more new songs: Crowd back in their seats.

Then Faithfully, Any Way you Want It, and Separate Ways: the place goes nuts.

(and then Def Leppard came out and the real fun began.)
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman