Kevin DuBrow (Quiet Riot) Appreciation Thread

alaskadudealaskadude Posts: 59
edited December 2007 in Other Music
It is tragic and sad is that there seems to be a lack of acknowledgement to the influence that Kevin DuBrow and the other members of Quiet Riot have made to Heavy Metal. First, forget that the legendary Randy Roades was their original guitarist. That in its self is pretty remarkable. Quiet Riot's Mental Health LP was the first record of the Heavy Metal genre to reach number 1# on the album charts due to the single "Cum on feel the Noise". This record became a sensation in the early 80s thanks in part to MTV and constant radio airplay and helped to legitimize Heavy Metal music for hundreds of thousands of fans. By finally bringing Heavy Metal into the mainstream, they helped to pave the way for the hundreds of new American metal bands that soon followed (Holy Cow, it think I just kinda described Nirvana!). Even though their popularity waned in the band's later years, I don't think that anyone can deny the impact that Kevin and his band have had on popular music as a whole.

Cum On People, Feel the Noise and show some love for this man. He deserves it.

Kevin DuBrow-RIP
Yes, there really is a dog.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PearlerPearler Posts: 191
    Oh bummer, sorry to hear about that Kev, what a chainsaw of a fucking voice you had too...

Ahhh...cum on feel the noise.... We headbanged to that song at many a blue light disco. Those were the days !

Metal Health.... the only thing that comes to mind when I think of this all time classic song....bang your heeeeeeeeaadddddddddddddd.........

is speedboat races and hashish.

cool memories indeed.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Sad news but hair bands were so awful........each and every one of them
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • Sad news but hair bands were so awful........each and every one of them

Hopefully all the members of Bullet Boys are still alright.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • I remember getting the tape for christmas back in the 80's. I think I got a ghetto blaster that year too.
    NERDS!
  • I remember what 2 albums got me into rock back in the day. metal health and pyromania. i also remember buying the metal health lp for a friends birthday party. i think we were 9 or 10 at the time. his dad was pissed. made me realize the power of rock.(to piss off your parents)
    R.i.p. Kevin and thanks for the memories.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    I LOVE this band live- this really sucks.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    My 2nd concert ever in 1983 with Quiet Riot opening for the Scorpions. I still think it was these early days for me that formed much of my current taste in music.

R.I.P.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Fly On Thunderbird Fly.
    Fly On Spread Your Wings To The Sky.