The Mars Volta - Amputechture

comfortably numbcomfortably numb Posts: 188
edited September 2006 in Other Music
who else is excited about this?

if it's 1/100th as good as either of their last albums it'll be worth getting.
saw things so much clearer
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• its not as good as deloused but its about the same as frances
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • I thought Frances was better than De-Loused, and this one is an improvement on Frances. Great album, definitely worth buying.
    The car's on fire and there's no driver at the wheel
    And the sewers are all muddied with a thousand lonely suicides
  • Matt Lukin wrote:
    I thought Frances was better than De-Loused, and this one is an improvement on Frances. Great album, definitely worth buying.

Agreed. De-Loused is probably my least fav of their albums, although it's almost on the level of Frances. I think Amputechture is my favorite so far.

Seeing them this month on one of their few current headlining shows! I cannot wait!!!
    Obama/Biden '08!!!
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    its still growin on me..i loved the first one and frances grew on me a lot too.. stuff like con safo my god frances is amazing.. this one for sure has one of their best songs ever "Viscera eyes"
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • how do you people have it already
  • how do you people have it already

i think every torrent site in the world has had it for about a month if not longer.
  • drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    Will someone point me in the direction of getting it? :)
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    drew0 wrote:
    It comes out on Tuesday i'm sure Best Buy will have a good deal on it.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • drew0 wrote:

oink, demonoid, pirate bay, etc.
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Best rock album I've heard in a long time.
  • ill just wait until tuesday to hear it
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Anyone picked it up and have some early reviews?

As with the mastodon album i'm waiting till after work to go down to best buy and pick it up :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • i dig this album alot. personally i think it's 10 times better than Frances.
    it doesn't beat De-Loused though.

but yeah, very enjoyable album. 8/10
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    listening to it right now...just bought it

it's weird, but I love it. I think it may take a few listens for some average fans, but it's trippy as fuck
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    gonna go check the mail.. i hope its here!

I preordered PJ and it took like 5 weeks after release date to get it.. grr
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Better than Frances the Mute, but non on the level of Deloused. Still a very good album.
  • like the other two, it's really long, so i havent had time to soak it all in yet, but im really liking it. especially vicarious atonement, tetragrammaton, vermicide, aslilos magdelena and viscera eyes
  • darthdarth Posts: 139
    I've had it for about 2 months already but still went and picked it up today because I wanted the actual CD and picked up the new one from norma Jean also.

But the new album is amazing I think, and I don't really have a favorite TMV album, I like all of them and everything this band has done so far. One of my favorite bands on the planet.
    9/16/95; 10/14/00; 10/15/00; 10/17/00; 4/5/03; 4/6/03; 10/04/09; 11/12/12 (Ed); 11/16/13; 10/12/14
  • Only heard it through like 2,5 times, but it's definitely worth getting. If for nothing else, track 6 and 7 blow me away. It's laidback for being them (which means merely intense ;)) and a bit more proggish to my ears. (Granted I'm not a major prog-head).

It holds it's own compared to their other two, although I still think I rate de-loused as their best. I'll put this one between de-loused and frances actually. But all of them are very good, mind you. Just ranking them a bit.

I need more time to have it settle for me, but so far so good. I actually like track 2 as well, I think. I need to listen to it more :)

Peace
    Dan
    "YOU [humans] NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN'T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?" - Death

"Every judgment teeters on the brink of error. To claim absolute knowledge is to become monstrous. Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty." - Frank Herbert, Dune, 1965