Options

csn&y and alice in chains

comfortably numbcomfortably numb Posts: 188
edited April 2006 in Other Music
i dont know how often this comparison is made but it some ways they're very similar.

i was listening to deja vu and carry on sounds very AiCish and i was listening to almost cut my hair and david sounds a lot like layne
saw things so much clearer
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,504
    I'm just not hearing it at all. Surprisingly, this album (Deja Vu) was #471 in sales on Amazon yesterday for some reason.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    what are their similarities?
    Run to the hills
    run for your life
  • Options
    hailhail82hailhail82 Posts: 330
    Wow, I could see Layne singing that song. Weird. I've never made that comparison before. I guess because they're both known for their harmonies, but AIC's are so different than CSNY's. Nice comparison though, I can dig it.
    Using the word "methinks" in your message board posts doesn't make you look smart.
  • Options
    hendrix78hendrix78 Posts: 507
    I've noticed the similarity before, too. I think it's mostly the way both bands use vocal harmonies. Alice is like a darker version of CSN. Both are great bands imo.
  • Options
    chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    Anyone want to explain who or what csn&y is/are? lol, i dont have a clue what the hell you are talking about.
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    chris01 wrote:
    Anyone want to explain who or what csn&y is/are? lol, i dont have a clue what the hell you are talking about.
    Crosby Stills Nash and Young
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    I have actually thought about this before too, especially when I was really into CSNY last summer. The way they both treat their vocals is what did it for me. Stephen Stills usually makes me think of Cantrell when I listen to CSNY. Obviously AIC is much darker though.
    I caught a flash of flash of your smile through the fog of a dream, I'll have a hell of a time I clearly see, I can't be by your side, see you when I sleep.
    - Jerry Cantrell "Gone"