Modest Mouse Toronto Show

Green Di$ea$eGreen Di$ea$e Posts: 158
edited April 2007 in Other Music
anyone get their fanclub tix, still waiting for mine and hoping they come tomorrow
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Tek MoneyTek Money Posts: 642
    when are they playing in toronto?
    Cock Fight.
  • tuesday the 24th at the hummingbird, can't wait should be a great show as long as my tickets arrive
  • im going!
    but get this....before i go to that show, ill be at much music to see none other than hilary duff!

no...im not kidding.
  • I'll be there, and also have yet to get my fanclub tickets in the mail... emailed somebody over there, still waiting to hear back, but from the modest mouse boards it seems they have been behind with the shipping, somebody mentioned that they changed their's to will call... so I'll let you know if they reply to my email
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • checked the mail, still no tickets
  • bump

tickets came today

see you all there

***GOT EM***
  • not mine, apparently mine will be at will call...anyway where are your seats? approx.
  • not mine, apparently mine will be at will call...anyway where are your seats? approx.

row f, aisle center... just called the hummingbird, opening band on at 730, modest mouse at 830... so i guess doors are at 630, we'll be drinking at the loose moose beforehand

***GOT EM***
  • coming from london, supposed to meet some buddy's at the loose moose but likely am not leaving for another 30 min
  • How was the Mod Mouse Show? I'm going to see em in two weeks in Birmingham.
    "That's part of the curse: If you're gonna play the song, you better play it. I've tried to phone in "Jeremy" a few times, and it's tough. It doesn't work."

EV
  • I see that Eric was still sick and the bassist from the opening band filled in. I'm sure that was a bit dissapointing...although at least you got a show. The 2nd mpls show got postponed because of his illness.

hopefully when they make it up they'll have March Into the Sea ready :)
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • How was the Mod Mouse Show? I'm going to see em in two weeks in Birmingham.

not long enough, but with that said it was fuckin rockin, I couldn't sleep last night as it sounded as though a circular saw was grinding in my ears all night, weird, but the show was great, education was the standout for me, love that song, tiny cities was sweet, love that bass line on the intro... anyway to sum it up I just got tix for rochester tomorow night, so yeah I thought it was a great show

Setlist

Paper Thin Walls
    Ocean Breathes Salty
    Dashboard
    Fire It Up
    Bukowski
    Missed The Boat
    Float On
    Education
    Trailer Trash (Extended)
    Tiny Cities Made Of Ashes
    > Lucky Me Again (Lyric Tease)
    Doin' The Cockroach
    The View

Encore:

Bury Me With It
    Breakthrough (Extended)

***GOT EM***
  • yeah it was a good show but only 1 hr 20 min including encore...I was a little confused about the fanclub seats as I got 2 seats in the ticketmaster sale that were better then the fanclub seats I had (row j) anyway the fanclub is free so no real compliants but these kind of things (tix/setlist length) make me appreciate pearl jam shows that much more
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    johnny marr has got to be killer in concert, their (now) guitarist. ;]
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • yeah it was a good show but only 1 hr 20 min including encore...I was a little confused about the fanclub seats as I got 2 seats in the ticketmaster sale that were better then the fanclub seats I had (row j) anyway the fanclub is free so no real compliants but these kind of things (tix/setlist length) make me appreciate pearl jam shows that much more

true true, I forget what I paid for toronto tix, but two tix for tomorow's show in rochester cost me $62 through the fanclub, ticketmaster would have been around $82, so even if the seats were not as great as expected, I'll take a few rows back over getting raped by ticketmaster fees

and also, somebody mentioned on the mm board that isaac said that eric went home and won't be on tour for a while

***GOT EM***