Stone Temply Pilots-Detroit Fillmore June 3rd

Green Di$ea$eGreen Di$ea$e Posts: 158
edited June 2008 in Other Music
anyone else going to this show?

read on another board that at yesterday's show, filter opened and were done off the stage by 8:30pm and that STP didn't take the stage until 10:30-10:45pm and that Weiland looked and sounded fucked up?

anyone else been to a show on this tour, is this the norm? just wondering what to expect, I went to the Velvet Revolver show in Detroit earlier this year and Weiland sounded okay, hopefully tomorrow's show is alright and Scott decides to stay somewhat sober

from what it sounds like though it will be a shock if they are able to finish the tour with Weiland
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i want to be there so fucking bad, but my finances won't allow it.

Ashes Divide is opening, and i was mostly wanting to check them out. Seen STP 5 times and they were great all but the last time...which happened to be the only one when Weiland had fallen off the wagon
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • sounds like he is off the wagon, link below is hilarious it's opie and anthony's description of the backstage stuff

http://www.foundrymusic.com/media/displaymedia.cfm/id/18262/

apparently weiland was locked in his tour bus and one of the deleo brothers was outside yelling, get out of your bus axel, get our of your bus
  • HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    Have I mentioned STP sucks?
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Have I mentioned STP sucks?

probably, but no one is paying attention
  • leaving shortly from London, hope Weiland isn't shooting up right now, although seems like the Boston show he was sober
  • It's flat out to bad.

It's also flat out to bad that the DeLeo brothers can't click line up with a different great vocalist/ song writer. They are extremely talented.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • It's flat out to bad.

It's also flat out to bad that the DeLeo brothers can't click line up with a different great vocalist/ song writer. They are extremely talented.

The Army of Anyone album was really fucking good.

But it didn't sell alot of copies, so Richard Patrick bailed to do another Filter record. Ironically enough, the Filter record sold just as bad. Karma.
  • Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    anyone else going to this show?

read on another board that at yesterday's show, filter opened and were done off the stage by 8:30pm and that STP didn't take the stage until 10:30-10:45pm and that Weiland looked and sounded fucked up?

anyone else been to a show on this tour, is this the norm? just wondering what to expect, I went to the Velvet Revolver show in Detroit earlier this year and Weiland sounded okay, hopefully tomorrow's show is alright and Scott decides to stay somewhat sober

from what it sounds like though it will be a shock if they are able to finish the tour with Weiland

Filter left the stage around 9:10 and STP finally made an appearance around 10:35. Annoying...very annoying, but not as bad as the 8:30 - 10:45 mention. And no, this has not been the norm for the tour.
  • The Army of Anyone album was really fucking good.

But it didn't sell alot of copies, so Richard Patrick bailed to do another Filter record. Ironically enough, the Filter record sold just as bad. Karma.

Yeah I just wasn't into it. I thought the Talk Show record was good.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • show was great, played all the greatest hits but that was okay with me as 1st time seeing them. Weiland looked like shit (really skinny) but sounded and acted great so can't complain. We were almost late as there was an accident on i94 got there at 845, stp went on at 9, they were off at about 1030-1045.

Still don't think they will finish the tour but if they are close by check em out