Coheed & Cambria?

Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
edited October 2007 in Other Music
Anybody into them. I have tried to get into them, but I just can't get into their sound. They have some badass instrumentation, but the production is a little clean for my taste. Somethin about their note choice is odd too. They try to cram these really poppy verses into big prog rock tunes, and it ruins it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• No sir, I don't like it. There is only room in my life for one squeaky-singered prog rock band*, and that place belongs to Mars Volta.
  • Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    No sir, I don't like it. There is only room in my life for one squeaky-singered prog rock band*, and that place belongs to Mars Volta.

Agreed, but I think TMV put even Rush's progressive aspirations to shame. Not sayin they are better, but TMV is just so random.

The thing with Coheed is, I think they could be really awesome, b/c they do some neat stuff, but they always seem to lose me at some point in every song I have ever heard by them.
  • My friend is a huge fan but I'm having a hard time getting into the voice. Though I really like The Mars Volta.
    Austin City Limits - Oct 04, 2009
  • I just bought Coheed's new album today, its pretty cool. i wasnt happy with the last album.
    a few years ago i was really into them (2004), i listened to their first two albums all of the time. Second Stage Turbine Blade and In Keeping Secrets, have alot of pretty good songs. people tell me all of the time that they cant stand the lead singers voice, but it doesnt seem to bother me. like the original poster sadi, their instrumentation is amazing .
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    No
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • I just got No World For Tomorrow and fucking love it. It just clicked last night for some odd reason. It might take a little longer for me to get into their older stuff.

edit: this thread was kinda old :P
    Austin City Limits - Oct 04, 2009