New release from TOOL

Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
edited December 2007 in Other Music
http://www.toolband.com/index_frames.html

Looks like we are finally gettin a Vicarious vid, plus TONS!!!! of bonus material and special packaging, which judgin from 10k Days is sayin somehtin. Just in time for christmas.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    http://www.toolband.com/index_frames.html

Looks like we are finally gettin a Vicarious vid, plus TONS!!!! of bonus material and special packaging, which judgin from 10k Days is sayin somehtin. Just in time for christmas.

Sweet :D
    I need a coffee!
  • finally!
  • HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    Is that it? Just an extended video? What about a live show or something? Based on what Tool has done lately, it seems they are all about the Benjamins.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • I wish they'd get us that 10000 days Vinyl.
    the Minions
  • Another Lustmord remix would be AWESOME! That alone would make it worth it. Can't wait.
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    Maynard is releasing an album with the band Puscifer called V is for Vagina shortly.

V is for Vagina
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    (Redirected from V Is for Vagina)• Learn more about using Wikipedia for research •Jump to: navigation, search
    V is for Vagina

Studio album by Puscifer
    Released October 30, 2007
    Recorded 2006-2007
    V is for Vagina is the upcoming album from Puscifer scheduled for release October 30th 2007. The first single, Cuntry Boner, had a live video released via Puscifer's official YouTube site on 15th September 2007. [1]. An advert - released in the same way as the Cuntry Boner video states the single's pre-order date as 24th September 2007. [2]. In an interview with Alternative Press, Maynard James Keenan compared the sound of the album to "driving around in your car listening to those old Motown hits, James Brown, and cool R&B stuff."[1]

On September 30th, Queen B. was posted on http://www.puscifer.com, & on October 1 the video was posted on Keenan's YouTube page. The video features a fully CGI Maynard as pawns in a chess game between 2 ladies.

On October 7th, Trekka (Sean Beaven Mix) was posted on http://www.puscifer.com

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_Is_for_Vagina
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    MJK and Jones did an interview a few weeks ago, ill try to find it and link it here, but it basically said:
    The DVD will most likely include al of TOOL's studio vids and a number of other extra's, but the inclusion of the other music vids was stressed so here's to hoping. They also mentioned the Vicarious vid should have been made and released 18 months ago but there were 'legal and technical difficulties'.
    Looking foward to this though.
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    Binaural wrote:
    MJK and Jones did an interview a few weeks ago, ill try to find it and link it here, but it basically said:
    The DVD will most likely include al of TOOL's studio vids and a number of other extra's, but the inclusion of the other music vids was stressed so here's to hoping. They also mentioned the Vicarious vid should have been made and released 18 months ago but there were 'legal and technical difficulties'.
    Looking foward to this though.

I remember reading an article with Jones talking about the Vicarious video saying how everything must be perfect and things like "this guy only has 14 eyelashes...I want him to have fifteen..." matters.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    I remember reading an article with Jones talking about the Vicarious video saying how everything must be perfect and things like "this guy only has 14 eyelashes...I want him to have fifteen..." matters.
    I'm definitley looking foward to seeing this video. I must have listened to Vicarious at least twice a day for about 4 or 5 months and it will be interesting to see how they visualise the subject matter especially with the 3d artist they are using.
    Jones has always been seen as a perfectionist, though I would be curious to see some of his own artwork...
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Thanks Jimmy!! :D I could bottle your blood! I'm still trying to recover from my stupidity at hesitating to buy Salival when it came out and of course missing out! :o :(

Anyway, I'm off to JB to pick up my order of Immagine which is coming in today so I'll order this new Vicarious DVD now! :D THANKS SO MUCH! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Is that it? Just an extended video? What about a live show or something? Based on what Tool has done lately, it seems they are all about the Benjamins.
    Indeed...very sad. Saw 'em 3 times on the 10K tour, and I'm not sure they CAN release a live DVD now because they sounded pretty bad. They should've recorded more on the Lat tour. Those shows were incredible for the most part.
  • ERRO_404_ wrote:
    I'm very ready for Adam to start a new project on his own.
  • ERRO_404_ wrote:

whoa... that's fuckin' cool...
  • Better late than never, I guess. Adam's work never disappoints me, but I just wish the DVD package came with more bonus stuff. A lustmord remix would have been sweet.
    At this rate, we'll probably get the Pot video in 2010.
  • JibitiJibiti Posts: 265
    Got the DVD yesterday. Pretty cool video, funny commentaries by David Cross (just as clueless about the meaning of the video as most of us), some storyboards from the video, a cool look at Alex Grey's art gallery in NY, and a great 40 minute making of feature. Wish we got some insight from Adam Jones himself, but still worth $8.
    6.30.06 - Marcus Ampitheatre (Summerfest),
    9.03-04.11 PJ20!!!
    7.19.13 - Wrigley!!!
    10.19.14, 10.20.14 (Yield!!)