Black Crowes, tonight at the Pageant

Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
edited October 2007 in Other Music
KAKAKAKOOOWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love the Crowes and they are comin to the Lou tonight.

Anybody seen em on this tour, or goin tonight? Rich broke his ankle, so he is sittin in a chair, I guess.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    the loo?

i've seen them twice. they're a blast live. though don't expect them to play too many of their big songs.
  • Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    the loo?

i've seen them twice. they're a blast live. though don't expect them to play too many of their big songs.

St Louis

Yeah, I seen them open and blow Petty off the stage a few years ago.(03?) and one of their last few shows before the hiatus in 01 at the Pageant. That 01 show sealed the deal for me, and sometime pretty soon after I found their Sho' Nuff box set for $15. I love the Crowes, and anybody that doesnt is a damned fool
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    St Louis

Yeah, I seen them open and blow Petty off the stage a few years ago.(03?) and one of their last few shows before the hiatus in 01 at the Pageant. That 01 show sealed the deal for me, and sometime pretty soon after I found their Sho' Nuff box set for $15. I love the Crowes, and anybody that doesnt is a damned fool

fuck me, i paid $40 for that box. i got had. but the early albums sound so much better in the remastered format.
    fuck me, i paid $40 for that box. i got had. but the early albums sound so much better in the remastered format.

I was gonna buy them all(they had 3 or 4), but there was somethin that I just had to have. I knew 15 was a steal.

I have every Crowes related release from SYMM to Brothers of a Feather.

I love listenin to them, and I love watchin all their dvds, although with Freak N Roll, that older one they reissued is kinda crappy. Does have a few cool songs that are only on it though, and all their vids.

Thanks for the reply, this has just made me 10x more excited for tonight. Any tips on how meet em? Last time at the Pageant we got there real early, and missed them by 15 minutes. Got to hear them soundcheck though.
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    I was gonna buy them all(they had 3 or 4), but there was somethin that I just had to have. I knew 15 was a steal.

I have every Crowes related release from SYMM to Brothers of a Feather.

I love listenin to them, and I love watchin all their dvds, although with Freak N Roll, that older one they reissued is kinda crappy. Does have a few cool songs that are only on it though, and all their vids.

Thanks for the reply, this has just made me 10x more excited for tonight. Any tips on how meet em? Last time at the Pageant we got there real early, and missed them by 15 minutes. Got to hear them soundcheck though.

no clue. i've never really tried to meet bands before or after concerts.

i dont have any of the solo/side projects and i'm missing their live albums. i had the freak and roll dvd but figured im better off with the cd. i've been waffling about getting that other dvd. music dvd's that are just live shows aren't really my thing anymore.
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    I've got 2nd row seats for the Dallas show next week. Oh yeah!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    no clue. i've never really tried to meet bands before or after concerts.

i dont have any of the solo/side projects and i'm missing their live albums. i had the freak and roll dvd but figured im better off with the cd. i've been waffling about getting that other dvd. music dvd's that are just live shows aren't really my thing anymore.

I can recommend both Chris albums, New Earth Mud, The Magnificent Distance and Rich's Paper.

Also I put the Brother's of a Feather cd/dvd up there with AIC unplugged as far as badass laidback performances go.
  • FnCircusFnCircus Posts: 439
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    Anybody seen em on this tour, or goin tonight? Rich broke his ankle, so he is sittin in a chair, I guess.
    saw them in seattle. awesome show.

but I believe they did not play anything off of Moneymaker.
  • I have their Live CD and I really don't like Chris' voice live.....
  • allornoneallornone Posts: 269
    I'll be there tonight. Can't wait! It's a sold out show so it should be a great crowd as well.
  • snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    i'll be at the electric factory in a couple weeks.
    Great show. They jammed out a ton. Chris got douched with a beer during Soul Singing. He got this super pissed look on his face and walked to the front of the stage, and bent down, and gave this little smartass, "bye-bye" and wave. Everybody in the crowd pointed him out, and he got pushed to the front. Security grabbed him and the had to put him up on stage to take him out, and the guy was so wasted they basically had to drag him off stage.

Chris made sure to point out that the guy was "the future of america". The guy was kinda preppy lookin, so he mentioned that it wasnt some "long hair"

here's the setlist, and there was a taper there, that will have the show posted within a week

Jam -> Waiting Guilty
    Sting Me
    Black Moon Jam -> Black Moon Creeping
    Twice As Hard
    Good Friday
    My Morning Song
    Lost My Drivin' Wheel
    By Your Side
    Soul Singing ->
    Wiser Time ->
    Thorn In My Pride
    Virtue And Vice
    - encore -
    Don't Do It
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    ooooh wicked cool. that sounds so awesome! so jealous. i love the crowes!
    Would also like to point out, Chris Robinson may have been more stoned than anybody I have ever seen.
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    Soul Singing ->
    Wiser Time ->
    Thorn In My Pride

this was one jam? i would've lost my fucking mind.
  • they put on a fantastic show. I'm jealous (again) LOL!

Saw them at the Landmark in Syracuse last year. Had a stomach bug so it kind of was a downer but still a phenomanal show. Enjoy!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. "
    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

I saw Hard To Imagine LIVE at MSG!
    this was one jam? i would've lost my fucking mind.

I almost did lose my mind, several times. How these guys get overlooked so much is beyond me. They are easily one of the greatest bands of all time, both live and in the studio. Even their bad songs are good.

They were on a mission, from the get go. I think Gorman may have stole this jam with his solo.

The new guitar player is tasty. Wasn't so sure, as I loved when Audley Freed was playin with them. Rich wasn't much different than when he stands and plays.
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    I almost did lose my mind, several times. How these guys get overlooked so much is beyond me. They are easily one of the greatest bands of all time, both live and in the studio. Even their bad songs are good.

They were on a mission, from the get go. I think Gorman may have stole this jam with his solo.

The new guitar player is tasty. Wasn't so sure, as I loved when Audley Freed was playin with them. Rich wasn't much different than when he stands and plays.

so they seriously played my 3 favorite crowes songs in one drawn out jam? that's nuts... the first time i saw them they played about a 20 minute version of thorn in my pride and it blew my mind. to have it tied into wiser time and soul singing would be too much. are there any sources online to download this?
    so they seriously played my 3 favorite crowes songs in one drawn out jam? that's nuts... the first time i saw them they played about a 20 minute version of thorn in my pride and it blew my mind. to have it tied into wiser time and soul singing would be too much. are there any sources online to download this?

They were all tied together with some jammin, but it wasnt hardcore jammin the whole time, there were parts where they bring it way down, so I dunno if I would call one big jam, but it's close.

During Soul Singin was when the guy hit Chris with a beer, and come to think of it they played a pretty studio-ish version and the jam was tagged onto the end.

And I talked to the taper, and he said it should be up at etree.org within a week.
  • allornoneallornone Posts: 269
    I had a great time. It was my first time seeing them play "Don't Do It" - I was loving it!!!

It was also my first time seeing them without Marc or Ed. I know a lot of people wish those two were still with the band, but what I realized last night is that it doesn't matter. As long as it's Rich, Chris, and Steve, they are going to deliver. Everyone in the band looked like they were having a good time, and the crowd was great.

Can't wait for their new album - I sure hope their plans are still in place to release it in early 2008.
    http://btjunkie.org/torrent/Black-Crowes-2007-10-19-The-Pageant-St-Louis-MO-DPA-4021/348382e85672d0b95452784dcc3febd71d4a1bbbd6b7

I am obviously biased but get this show, the jams are tight and you get some good chris-isms, as they are called, plus the whole freakout.
  • melodiousmelodious Posts: 1,719
    ah! i can hear them now...saw them last spring locally....

it's great you had a great time...peace.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
    allornone wrote:
    I had a great time. It was my first time seeing them play "Don't Do It" - I was loving it!!!

It was also my first time seeing them without Marc or Ed. I know a lot of people wish those two were still with the band, but what I realized last night is that it doesn't matter. As long as it's Rich, Chris, and Steve, they are going to deliver. Everyone in the band looked like they were having a good time, and the crowd was great.

Can't wait for their new album - I sure hope their plans are still in place to release it in early 2008.

I miss Marc and Weird Ed though.

I'm seeing the Crowes this Friday so we'll see. I wish they could nail down a line-up that sticks.

Anyone else going to the Dallas show Friday night?
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • yostaramayostarama Posts: 287
    I've seen the black crows several times first being 1992. They opened for ZZ top and kicked their ass. ( they got tossed off that tour shortly thereafter) I love thir music but now when they play live they can jam a little to much for me. I love when they come out and just blow out blusey rock and roll. Later yostarama
    Dallas show is tomorrow night. I've been checking the set lists every day for a week. Hope we get a good one.

So excited!
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13