Dethklok

Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
edited June 2008 in Other Music
Who else could record an album in the deepest, darkest, heaviest part of the ocean, the Marianas Trench.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Any ideas on when a new season might appear?
  • DeniDeni Posts: 233
    Ha! I love that show!
    "Ideas are bulletproof." --V

Peace and Love
    Deni
    :)
  • Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    Not sure about a new season. I just seen a few episodes and went out and bought season 1 on dvd.
  • I know there were a couple new episodes shown over the past several weeks on Sunday night around 10:45 CT but this past weekend they either changed the schedule or didn't show one because my recorder only had Family Guy on in that slot.
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    yup, there have been three episodes of the new season, but then it has just stopped :(

Love that show... its just soo bruuuutal!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Crazy! I wonder why my dvr didn't record them. hmmmm. :(
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    oh, jimmie.......
    I know there were a couple new episodes shown over the past several weeks on Sunday night around 10:45 CT but this past weekend they either changed the schedule or didn't show one because my recorder only had Family Guy on in that slot.

There was a Family Guy special on this last week. That may explain it. Check your recorder again this coming week because Metaloccolyspe (or how ever the hell you spell it. lol) will probably be back. ;)

Peace and Love
    Deni
  • Deni wrote:
    There was a Family Guy special on this last week. That may explain it. Check your recorder again this coming week because Metaloccolyspe (or how ever the hell you spell it. lol) will probably be back. ;)

Alright, thanks for the heads up.

Metalocalypse is how I believe you spell it. The combination of Metal music and the end of the world (apocalypse) create for one deadly combo!
    Alright, thanks for the heads up.

Metalocalypse is how I believe you spell it. The combination of Metal music and the end of the world (apocalypse) create for one deadly combo!

Deadly combo is right... also makes it impossible to say and/or spell. lol

See to get it right the first time I would have had to now how to spell apocalypse, which I didn't... sooooo. ;) lol

Peace and Love
    Deni
  • Deni wrote:
    Deadly combo is right... also makes it impossible to say and/or spell. lol

See to get it right the first time I would have had to now how to spell apocalypse, which I didn't... sooooo. ;) lol

Haha, that's cool. I used to not know how to spell it correctly for the longest time until I started playing Xcom: Apocalypse and ever since then I've liked the word and made a point of remembering.
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    I am bringing this thread back from the dead. I will be witnessing this live tonight. I don't know jack about Metalocalypse, however I am pretty sure I will appreciate the music.

Has anyone seen the live show?
  • westsidepiewestsidepie Posts: 627
    geishagrrl wrote:
    Any ideas on when a new season might appear?

I am a huge fan of the show, as you can see in my signature. I have the deth album and the DVD of season one. Most of season two is available on iTunes. There are new episodes on the Cartoon Network right now. This week's episode had Nathan becoming the Governor of Florida. This is a great show.
    To pie I will reply
    But mr. justam
    is who I am

"That's a repulsive combination of horrible information and bad breath."-Pickles

"Remember, death is a natural part of the workplace. So, when you see a dead body at work, don't freak out, just ring your death bell." "ting"-Toki Wartooth
  • dirtdirt Posts: 398
    Favorite show on TV right now...

Got the 2 CD Dethalbum and season one DVD. I would def like to see these guys live.

Transplant: Have fun tonight!
    drive less - RIDE MORE!
  • hoopinmanhoopinman Posts: 294
    I got tix to see em on July 4th here in Houston.......they have ZAZZ!

Dr Rockso is too funny...anyone else think hes based on David Lee Roth???
    hoopinman wrote:
    I got tix to see em on July 4th here in Houston.......they have ZAZZ!

Dr Rockso is too funny...anyone else think hes based on David Lee Roth???

Absolutely! I actually think he is a cross between David Lee Roth and Gene Simmons. The moves he makes are Roth moves, and especially the way he sings. His band also looks like a cross between Van Halen and Kiss. Beside the Murderface birthday episode, he has an episode where he plays his video, which is hilarious. In season 2, the episode Cleanso is brilliant. Another favorite episode is DethGirlfriend.
    To pie I will reply
    But mr. justam
    is who I am

"That's a repulsive combination of horrible information and bad breath."-Pickles

"Remember, death is a natural part of the workplace. So, when you see a dead body at work, don't freak out, just ring your death bell." "ting"-Toki Wartooth
    dirt wrote:
    Transplant: Have fun tonight!
    well...I did. I can't fathom the number of shows I have seen over the years, but this one without a doubt was one of the more interesting ones.

I have never seen so many 'superfans' in my entire life. The guy next to us said he'd 'kill for them'. though sure not literally, he did say it with a straight face, still quite scary all the same.

interesting mix of your very hardcore metal heads with absolute dorks. I had a hard time taking the whole thing seriously at first. However when they came on, wow. What a VERY tight band. 3 out of the 4 look like they had no business on the stage, let alone playing that type of music. Gene Holgan of course deserves to rank in heavy metal drumming hall of fame.

I mean this band isn't a joke, they are some serious musicians with very nice chops. Riff city with plenty of tasteful solos. they just tore the place up.

I need to check this show out.
    transplant wrote:
    well...I did. I can't fathom the number of shows I have seen over the years, but this one without a doubt was one of the more interesting ones.

I have never seen so many 'superfans' in my entire life. The guy next to us said he'd 'kill for them'. though sure not literally, he did say it with a straight face, still quite scary all the same.

interesting mix of your very hardcore metal heads with absolute dorks. I had a hard time taking the whole thing seriously at first. However when they came on, wow. What a VERY tight band. 3 out of the 4 look like they had no business on the stage, let alone playing that type of music. Gene Holgan of course deserves to rank in heavy metal drumming hall of fame.

I mean this band isn't a joke, they are some serious musicians with very nice chops. Riff city with plenty of tasteful solos. they just tore the place up.

I need to check this show out.

Brendon Small went to the Berklee College of music. Also, there is some controversy about this, but the opening lines of the theme song which are "Do anything for Dethklok." In the show, there is also a fictional website called Die_for_Dethklok.com. That's probably why the superfan said what he said.
    To pie I will reply
    But mr. justam
    is who I am

Brendon Small went to the Berklee College of music. Also, there is some controversy about this, but the opening lines of the theme song which are "Do anything for Dethklok." In the show, there is also a fictional website called Die_for_Dethklok.com. That's probably why the superfan said what he said.
    Ok, that makes some sense. I just wish he didn't say it so dang seriously :D